jeudi 2 mars 2023

KUALA LUMPUR. A 15 YEAR OLD RETURNS AS AN ADULT . NO NOSTALGIA BUT WITH GOOD REMEMBERANCE

 Today has been a wonderful day for me in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, as each of the past few days have been. I do not wish to think of my imminent departure to the other side of the world, I am sure I would manage to come back soon and yet another stay at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel .

Here is my story of Love about Kuala Lumpur and Malaysia.

My voice in these videos are not very clear because of the traffic, so i will write what was in my mind .(you may wish to turn down the volume of the videos)

I decided to do a pilgrimage to the site of my fist visit to Kuala Lumpur.




Believe it or not, the travelling bug has been with me forever. At a very tender age, I was sent off to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. I was told to get off the train and go outside and wait  . 


The vista has not changed much. Both the Railway station and what was then the British Residency still command attention and its regency. The ornate persiannate architecture was borrowed from the Moghuls of India by British architects.



I had a wonderful experience in the railway car, a memorable one and unfortunately everything is covered by the dreamy rememberance in the mist of oblivion. 
A fine introduction into the world of magic for a boy with a tender mind. Thank you,
I remember the smell of the earth, the trees and the leaves and perhaps the large tree at the end of the road where now a bus stop stands is the same one, smiling at this return of a prodigal son




Intoxicated as I was my trip, the lush rubber trees that would follow me through my other journeys. I waited there, with the heat of the tropical sun on my skin and waiting for a volkswagen beetle car which would take me to a country town in the state of Pahang , Temerloh. Paradoxically enough, many years later I returned to the same town, now larger in size, to go on a boat ride upstream to meet with the original inhabitants of Malaysia, the Negrito people , the Batek. When I arrived at their camp after a two hour boat ride and a long hike, I told the elder that I had come to see him, his reaction was : you came all the way to see me ?
I enjoy the freedom of the tropics in Temerloh. I became friendly with the shop keepers and it was where I discovered Murtabak, a thin south indian bread of possible arab origin. I remember the middle aged indian man with his hot plate in front of him, weaving his dough into a delicious bread sometimes with an egg inside.

yes I am back to you KL 
and the charm you put on me has worked
as I wandered around the world..

as i was walking towards the place where i stood that many moon ago, a wonderful message arrived from Brasil. I stood in my track as I read it and tears began welling up in my eyes 
[12:30 AM, 2/27/2023]  Na minha opinião eu pude perceber desde que começamos a conversar que esse sempre foi um traço muito marcante da forma como você interpreta as relações interpessoais e também como vê as pessoas isoladamente, você sempre demonstrou esse tipo de preocupação ou cuidado com as pessoas, você pode estar refinando isso ou tendo uma percepção mais apurada e isso faz parte da nossa busca em nos tornarmos melhor para nós e consequentemente para os outros
[12:32 AM, 2/27/2023] Eu me lembro de quando você não teve uma experiência boa quando pediu um café em um aeroporto e você percebeu que a garçonete não estava bem depois você descobriu que ela estava com muitos problemas em casa, quando muitos poderiam ter apenas reclamado do atendimento (e de fato é isso que acontece) você teve um olhar humano e se preocupou em de alguma forma tornar o dia dela um pouco melhor e isso sempre pode ser feito ou tentando com atitudes pequenas para nós mas grandiosas para quem recebe




featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...