vendredi 25 février 2022

SHABBAT SHALOM ON THIS DAY WITH HEARTFELT THOUGHTS ABOUT UKRAINE AND ITS POPULATION

The sun was about to set on this Friday evening in Miami.


What is like for people of Kyiv, Kharkhiv and Lviv and throughout the length and breadth of Ukraine?

I wait for the three stars to appear to welcome Shabbat in the millennial tradition of our people .

Earlier I had visited our neighbourhood Botanica to buy the two candles and was very comfortable by the presence of many of the Cuban pantheon.



all the messages arriving from different parts of the world were about Peace. 

Leaders of all major civilized countries of the world condemned this created confusion. Many leaders and countries and people were noted for their absence at the podium. 

I want to pray for the safety of the Ukranian people, young and old. 

I want all the jews in Ukraine to be safe, including the President of the Republic, Zelensky.

I want peace in the minds of millions of Russians who may not agree with this act of rupture of tranquility of the European Continent. Who would have thought Europe would be once again host a theatre of war ?


I put on my Kippah, bought at the Druze village in Carmel.

the two candles from the Botanica.  lehad lich ner shel shabbat

a glass of wine bore pri hagefen

a piece of bread. hamotzi lehem minha haretz


If you are silent, you are being an accomplice. Dear friends, your leaders may not condemn human rights violation, but you have a mind and a voice..


THE EGOIST  a poem by Pablo Neruda 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...