jeudi 24 février 2022

AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST/ANTHROPOLOGIST AT WORK: NATIONAL PARK

 If you wish to lead  an unconventional life, you have to plan to undertake unconventional path to your life including your family life, your career and your places of residence,

Be prepared to become HOMELESS in a metaphoric sense, but as my younger brother said : You may not have a home, but there are many rooms in many hearts around the world for you.

I am grateful that my work moulded around the lifestyle I wanted to lead, a nomadic life, be exposed to different cultures which are not my own and incorporate the best of many countries and many cultures into my lifestyle and invariably into the way of thinking. 

France introduced me to a way of thinking which was philosophical. Cuba taught me the power of solidarity, American Indians taught me Humility and Myanmar taught me about the mindfulness.. the list is long .. and there are countries I am eternally grateful to.  Australia  England USA for their contribution to my character.

When the morning broke, I had the pleasure of sitting and chatting with my friend, I stay in his house when I am in Miami.


I never hurry to go to work, which is one hour of lonely drive into the National Park. Nobody is waiting for me there, and the patients are happy to see me when I show up at their homes.


Leaving the place of residence to drive to the Park


It is a fairly lonely drive but I enjoy looking out at the flora. The skies are usually blue often with couture offered by fluffy crowds.

So, I call this my office. I have no secretary. There is no need for computers or Electronic Health Records or accountants.

Soon I reach my Consultorio, like we say in Cuba.


Before visiting patients at their "homes", I stop by to say Hello to my long time friends and imagine scenarios with them. My mind fills up with joy 

But one of them today is the infamous Napoleão.. a crafty individual who trains birds and other slaves of his to spy on people and bring back gossip from far away.


Felt a little sorry for him, he seems to be suffering from a sore throat.


I was happy to see Francois, who is a good friend but he seemed to be suffering from Sleep Apnoea?

I went looking for Sebatião, the shy turtle with problems of lack of self esteem, i could barely see his extended neck. I talked to him so that he does not feel neglected and fall into a depressive mood.

I felt happy. 

The day in the Park goes quickly


Someone prepares lunch and i am given a plate. Salmon, string beans and sweet potato


On the way "home", I stop the car to catch the sunset over the park.


The night falls quickly and it gets darker abruptly.

The driving is over. 

Now is the time to speak to friends from around the world.

A good friend from Cambodia writes about what happened during the past two years in the city that he lives which is dependent on tourism.

A friend from Hanoi, that gem of French Colonial architecture.

I am waiting for a friend to wake up in Tehran.

It was nice to read a note from a friend of mine from USA .

I am a US citizen. You are a citizen of the world. I expect you may be less partial to any one countries interests.


On this very sad day , Russia invaded Ukraine, another Iraq, another Afghanistan.. Think of my friends in Kyiv..



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...