samedi 5 février 2022

A LOVELY LUNCH: IT IS WITH THE HEART ONE SEES. ONE CAN LEARN TO SEE THE HEART WITH THE EYES

Things happen for a reason, say the American Indians.

I find myself in La Habana, amidst the chaos of thousands of cuban emigrants arriving from Miami with their demeanour vastly different from the Cubans in the Island. No one had suitcases but large "bultos" wrapped in plastic (blue in colour) bringing things to their relatives. My two bags arrived last, 2 hours after a 35 minute flight ..

Dra. N who is from La Habana whom I had last seen in Buenos 'Aires and recently renewed her acquaintance in Tenerife is in Habana with her incredibly intelligent daughter doing a PhD in Philosophy in Spain.

We got together for Lunch and it was a sheer delight. Good conversation, much of which touching on spirituality and the various practices some of which are unique to Cuba. I had chosen some good wine to go with the lunch prepared by my Cuban Sister: shrimp in creole sauce, congris, a chicken dish if they are allergic to shrimp, followed by Crepe Francaise, chocolates and Cuban Ice cream (considered one of the best in the world)








What Ernest Hemingway said of Paris is true for me in Havana

IT IS A MOVEABLE FEAST 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...