dimanche 20 février 2022

THE VALUE OF A DAY WELL SPENT; AMERICAN INDIANS. ADOPTED FAMILY. A TASTY PHO. AND ANAPANA MEDITATION BEFORE RETIRING

Today has been an unusually calm and content day without any form of conflict . One of those delightful days 

The responsible people were a friend visiting from Cayman Islands, my adopted brother in Miami, chatting with friends from far away, helping an indigenous group and listening to music ..

Of course there is always IRAN.

CUBA, if we use the Little Poet's metaphor, is always in your heart. 

As always, Vipassana meditation ( SN Goenka) but tonight just 10 minutes, but I could feel the effect on my body.

and even if my BP were at its best at the beginning of the short session, it came down further. So there is always room for the body and the mind to further relax.




It was just ten minutes of Vipassana. 11 49 pm the first reading and 1200 midnight the second reading.

Many of the practitioners of the western tradition(of which I am one) may not give credit to the effect of the relaxation in the body by Vipassana and the measurement of that relaxation in the BP 

In Anthropology, we always ask WHY this is happening whereas in Western Biomedicine, they ask. WHAT is happening. If the BP is high, write a prescription for a pill.

If you ask WHY is that my BP attained such wonderful levels, you will find the answer.

The morning started well


I was able to participate in the early caress of the SUN while sipping a cup of Cuban style Coffee. 

Soon we left to go to the airport to take our illustrious visitor, to see him off on his way home to his family and feel grateful to have spent some quality time with him.



A lovely conversation with a mountaineering friend from Iran. 

the usual texts about patients under the care of our programme among the Indigenous people. very satisfying.

Then to engage in a lovely conversation with the owner of this house where I stay. I am grateful for him and his wife for having allowed me to stay here during the 2 years of Covid Isolation


I could ask Hafez. Fal e Hafez for a ghazal and sent it to a friend in Iran.


Doesn't all these transactions of life and love not contribute to the relaxation of the mind and the body?

Learn to ask WHY and not WHAT

Why is the time with our visitor so precious ?

A new friend from Piura in Northwest Peru.

As the Indigenous people would say 

Mitakuye Oyasin 

We are all related

Little by little peel off your attachments (material and other), get rid of your aversions, let the fire of your EGO burn down low, then you would discover a FLAME , the true flame representing WHO you are  (WHAT you are has no role here in this discussion)

That flame is the mystery we are after. You can call it anything you want.

The owner of the house brings a lovely PHO and I enjoyed it so much, the flavour enhanced by his thoughtfulness of bringing food while I was busy. thank you to this very kind man.



i kept on asking myself, why am I so happy ?

I thought of that distant day, a chance meeting with the Professor of Psychiatry, David Kennard

He said: as you get older, you would be able to appreciate the fact that you are able to help more and more people..

Out of the blue, a good friend from Nanning, who was recently married, wrote to say of the spiritual isolation she felt.  I replied immediately with words that rose in my mind 

To Jiaoying Hong, I dedicate this blog.


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...