vendredi 25 février 2022

MOVEABLE FEAST OR A FEAST THAT MOVES? PARIS HAVANA AND CAMBODIA

 Once you are Paris for a while, you begin to understand what Ernest Hemingway meant by MOVEABLE FEAST 


Many of the places described in this book still stand and I have had a chance to dine at Las closeries des lilas 


If you are a fan of Simone de Beauvoir or Jean Paul Sartre, these names would be familiar to you 


I also will always remember our Gabo, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, walking with head down on the other side of Boulevard Saint Germain because he felt so inferior arriving in the City of Light from his native Colombia (Aracataca via Bogota)

However much I loved Paris, it was not mine. There is no one would whisper in my ears, We will always have Paris..

My moveable feast is HAVANA





this is my street in La Habana. I miss the potholes and when I return after a trip I look at them with affection.

So when I received a photo from my friend in Cambodia, Maurits, of a feast which was moving on wheels. like Meals on Wheels, this one was a feast on Meals .. I thought of Ernest Hemingway and also of my beloved Habana.


an entire sit down or squat down restaurant was on the move.. a feast on the move..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...