mardi 1 septembre 2020

BEAUTY OF MIAMI IS NOT THE GLITTER AND GLAMOUR AND THE LATIN BLING.. BUT WHAT NATURE CAN PROVIDE .. HAVE TO LOOK FOR IT

 I realized this sojourn in Miami compels to appreciate the beauty of Miami

a friend of mine, whom I call the Optimistic Optometrist or I and I, sent me photos of dawn over the mangroves of Miami.



I was getting ready to go to the National Park





The place had a lonely feeling to it . The european settlement at the edge of the water and the park had no one about, all houses seemed shuttered, the end of summer holidays I suppose .

Lucky are the few who live in this tranquility year around, mainly the original inhabitants of this park and the River of Grass as they refer to this area, occasional settlers and also people who work for National parks service.

Standing in front of the Big Cypress Park Offices, was talking to an officer belonging to the Service, a recent transplant from Oklahoma (a San Antonio native) and I expressed gratitude for such beauty of the mangroves, palm trees and the walkways and the ancient beauty of this place.

When I met La petite poete de Cote Sauvage, she let me into a secret and introduced me to Carlos, fluent in English, Spanish and French. I will write about him on another occasion, now only to mention his penchant for Panama Hats. He had migrated to Brussels but each winter he returned to the Everglades National Park in Florida to spend time with his family. I was looking for him or at least a message from him. He had gone to Brasil and a few minutes ago I got word that Carlos is out on a date with a Brasilian lady and that he wanted to talk to me about romance.

More on Carlos, later..


enjoying the beauty of what Miami has to offer..


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...