lundi 28 septembre 2020

MICHELE GUREVICH THE QUEEN OF LOW FI POP AND THE EASTERN EUROPEAN MELANCHOLIA

If you are listening to the music from just one country or one continent, you can be lulled into thinking you are listening to the best of the music there is.
Now we have streaming services.
Since I subscribed to Spotify, I have listened to so much new/old/foreign countries/different genre.. and in love with so many of the artists.. Lo Fi Pop. I did not even know such a genre existed till I started listening to the Canadian singer Michele Gurevich (now living in Copenhagen). Incidentally I discovered Jacob Gurevitsch (no relation) who is Danish also on Spotify, I love his Lovers in Paris, reminded me of the beautiful aspects of my stay in that city of light and love.

Michele Gurevich has been an absolute pleasure to listen to. Interesting that there is a tinge of east European melancholy in her songs.
Perfect for these days of hope and melancholy. I feel all those people feeling isolated by this virus and its social restrictions.
Here is a video and I like the nostalgic look in this video, some of which may be biographical.




No one will ever know The life we shared The greatest romance of all time Our little universe, our family But now it’s only in my mind Our life may not have been unusual Like all the millions come before But to us it meant everything The greatest story ever told And here’s the part Where we are laughing And drinking champagne In a restaurant (here’s the part, here’s the part) Here’s the part Where we are dancing It’s like a postcard In my heart (here’s the part, here’s the part, here’s the part) I pass the buildings We once called home The blueprints burned into my dreams Where now new stories are written Our love just one of many Back when you looked just like a movie star And I was also not too bad I’ll keep that universe inside of me And carry on the best I can And here’s the part Where we are laughing And drinking champagne In a restaurant (here’s the part, here’s the part) Here’s the part Where we are dancing It’s like a postcard In my heart (here’s the part, here’s the part) Back when you looked just like a movie star And I was also not too bad I’ll keep that universe inside of me And carry on the best I can And here’s the part Where we are laughing And drinking champagne In a restaurant (here’s the part, here’s the part) Here’s the part Where we are dancing It’s like a postcard In my heart (here’s the part, here’s the part, here’s the part)

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...