mardi 28 juillet 2020

Good bye Queen of the skies. She still calls Australia home

Even though I have not returned to Australia after my two trips in 2008, I keep abreast of what is happening in Australia. I am grateful for the enormous influence Australia had in my formation and thinking.

QF Qantas airways, I always feel an excitement when I see a QF plane in London or Los Angeles. I have taken many flights between Melbourne and USA (Miami, via Los Angeles) and enjoyed the brief stop overs in Honolulu before the nonstop flights arrived. My last flight into and out of Australia were non stop flights from LAX to MEL.

 Recently QF retired their 747 fleet. In Australia, wherever you fly to, it is a long haul flight and over the years I had taken multiple flights between UK and Australia and USA and Australia on QF.
 These photographs are from Sam Chui's website about the last flight of QF 747 to their resting place in Mojave desert.

5 QF 747s are mothballed there. This pandemic has dealt a blow to the International Aviation unimaginable and we have to wait for its recovery and recuperation.

My normal travelling pattern was.  cuba-usa-europe-asia
Until the vaccine is here I dont think it is safe to undertake long haul travel ...

At that time, I hope to enter QR Qatar Airways flight from Miami to Doha on my way over to Asia and be greeted with a smile an a glass of champagne...

It is worth the wait..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...