samedi 18 juillet 2020

LA BELLE DAME SANS REGRETS. NOTHING TO LOSE WHEN YOU CAN DANCE AND HAVE THE MUSIC TO DO SO

Tropics are like hammocks for lovers, was it Anais Nin (French-Cuban) who said that when she and Arthur Miller were lovers in Paris ?
There is a word in English that I like, that describe this feeling: languorous..
Lazy summer afternoon, chasing butterflies 
along hedges with bright red hibiscus 
in Kuala Belait in Brunei 
Languorous ..
More senses arrive 
The fragrance of Melbourne that I have still not forgotten
Islands after islands 
remote and more remote 
all drenched in torpor of  the tropics 

It is raining my friends and other lovers 
where my heart is jumping with joy 
a happy heart is flexible and open to the emotions that come in 
in distant Dali, spirit of someone is seeping into their drawings
A connection to the coast of Brasil where a Jew from Cochin had stepped ashore , 400 years before me ..

should celebrate it with a song ..
I invite you to a dance..

La Belle Dame Sans Regrets
Let's dance you sayDansons tu dis
And i amEt moi je suis
My steps are leftMes pas sont gauches
My feet you mowMes pieds tu fauches
I fear foolsJe crains les sots
I search in vain for wordsJe cherche en vain les mots
To explain your life to me thenPour m'expliquer ta vie alors
You lie my sisterTu ments ma Soeur
You break my heartTu brises mon coeur
I think you knowJe pense tu sais
Mistakes neverErreurs jamais
I listen you speakJ'ecoute tu parles
I do not understand very wellJe ne comprends pas bien
The beautiful lady without regretsLa belle dame sans regrets
I cry you laughJe pleure tu ris
I sing you cryJe chante tu cries
You sow the seedsTu semes les graines
From a bad oakD'un mauvais chéne
My blew awayMon ble s'envole
You are fed upTu en a ras le bol
I'm still waitingJ'attends, toujours
My cries are deafMes cris sont sourds
You lie, my sisterTu ments, ma Soeur
You break my heartTu brises mon coeur
I think, you knowJe pense, tu sais
Mistakes, neverErreurs, jamais
I listen, you speakJ'ecoute, tu parles
I do not understand very wellJe ne comprends pas bien
The beautiful lady without regretsLa belle dame sans regrets

Songwriters: Dominic James Miller

and a nice video to go with it ..


Thanks for every one who sent nice thoughts on the wings of 

 the raindrops.

I am well, thanks to you ..

Muito Obrigado 

Merci beaucoup 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...