samedi 11 juillet 2020

LOTS OF DISCOURSES ON HAPPINESS... HOW ABOUT LIVING IT ?

By an immense stroke of luck, I was able to spend an extended period of time in Southern Sweden. I had left Australia where I felt so secure about our lives and our futures and Sweden/Nordic countries(Denmark and Norway) had an effect as if a celestial farmer was tilling my heart. My life had changed for ever. Also, my first teenage love was someone from Oslo and it was good to be in love, happily in love, in the city of Ibsen and Munch and Vigeland and Knut Hamsun..That year of my life was divided between Oslo, Copenhagen and Southern Sweden...certain concepts sunk deeply in..
Lykke
Hygge
Glad 
The idea of Life going your way
Sharing what you have 
Pursuing experiences rather than Money
Placing importance on Friendships, even if only a few..
Finland was added to my experiences later on ..and an association with SAME people.
Now looking back, I have been lucky to have been associated with many lucky and happy countries. Even in countries which were not fully to my liking, like the USA and its penchant for capitalism, I found the greatest of generosity, the immensity of liberal thinking, and a gallery of friendships. 
Mindfulness came from time in Myanmar, the lived in Buddhist culture..
Lucky to have found the indigenous peoples who adopted me and the great gift of finding Cuba and learning about Solidarity, Generosity of spirit and sharing and incredible friendships like tattoos in your heart.
Always a passion for living
Be generous with your time and the little talent you may have.
So many countries have been kind to me .. Argentina, Mexico, Namibia, Malaysia and cities like Suva, Cochin, Zanzibar.. ah well..polynesia  Tuvalu. Tokelau. Rapa Nui

in 2008, I was introduced to Yogic Philosophy by a good friend, who still remains close in KL, Malaysia. At a deeper level there are so many similarities in the spiritual paths prescribed...I was attracted to Yoga as I found and rediscovered what the Indigenous people had taught me ..

Danish people would say when the course of ones life is according to ones desire, they are happier.. To be able to enjoy things, simple things in life, is a source of happiness, Danes would say. and my UmonHon Indian teacher stresses
All Good things in life are Free... I know what he means.. especially during this period of forced sedentary state.. 
It was nice to hear Sadhguru stress in one of his talks

Karma can be added to the Nordic Jargon 
Lykke 
Glad
Hygge 
Karma 

Seeing two similar populations in La Habana and Miami, I can certainly concur that while the Cubans in the island face lots of uncomfortable situations, they are much happier than their relatives to the North.

I am in Miami, waiting for Cuba to open. Because of the uncontrolled rampage of the virus in Miami, it may be a while before Cuba would let me in ..
in the meantime 
practise generosity
enhance friendships
Eat well (Michael Pollen's nutritional advice, not some Youtube Guru)
Always a good glass of wine, no shortage of it here..
Each day be grateful.
and as Buddha has said.  When I am sitting, I know I am sitting.. practice Mindfulness.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...