lundi 9 mars 2020

WHAT IS THE ORIGIN OF THIS EUPHORIA?

What is the origin of this EUPHORIA?
It originated somewhere else, but came seeking me ..

And I was listening to Alex Fox from Argentina playing his Spanish Guitar
I see the impish smile of the Buddhist monk that I. met on October 5th 2019
I will get in touch with you, he promised, he is Geshe, he becomes a full monk in one year
When I am a Monk I will be in touch with you ..

You don’t have to
You already are..

I realize that Thich Nhat Hanh said
People are living in the future, worrying about the future and
They are not living the present which is what they can experience
And which is real

Dalai Lama also exhorted
Waiting to live? And too late?
Why not live now?
The present ..

I am a Jew and I was told this when I was an adolescent
Hillel says, "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Ethics of the Fathers, 1:14

If not now, when?
Tonight, was such a moment
Now
I felt so connected with the world
So much good feelings were arriving unannounced
From all parts of the world
Glad to have travelled, Glad to be a traveler

You are walking, I walk with you
But I want you to know that I am walking
Buddha said that?
When I am walking, I know I am walking

What did you do to me?
Who was that?

Why is this lightheadedness carrying away the body so frayed with pleasure and emotions?
Where was that?

What happened to that table with white starched table clothes laid out for me in Melbourne, Australia
Does it matter?
Who has won?
Who has lost?

I am heavy, carrying the emotions of all those
Oppressed by the thousand ambitions
I love all of you

Listening to Alex Fox from Argentina who lives in Miami
Three types of music touch some part of my heart or brain or ears
I am not so sure any more
Spanish Guitar Flamenco
Chano was the pianist, Alabina the Israeli, was singing in Arabic
The Gypsies where were they from?  Do they come from somewhere?
Were they not always here?


And walking along the street
Jorge Luis Borges in Palermo in Buenos Aires
I knew I was just a shadow of my own self
Was there a hairdresser from Matanzas who cut our hairs once upon a time?
Whatever happened to her? Has she melted into her dreams in some far away Spanish town in the arms of her lover?
I had known the pleasures of Buenos Aires, nice meals, milongas, a good glass of Malbec..
Was someone holding my hands at that time? Did you know? I seem not to remember..
I was a student at Teatro Colon
When someone or other taught me about Piazzola, El Polaco and
I was dreaming of Tango at 3 am at some obscure restaurant in Palermo
Yes, I had to get back to the clinic, patients were waiting ..


And Cesaria Evora singing Sodade... Mornas and Coladeras..

Thank you, all of you, who bring me to this euphoria
An absolute feeling one oneness with the universe
As Pablo Neruda might have said
Someone is singing in the distance ..but I hear only my heartbeat..

There are countries which are permanent fixtures in my heart
Australia which gave me the personality
Israel that reminded me of what I could be

But the two countries tugging at my heart at the moment
One does a tropical dance Cuba
The other in a deathly funeral procession under the burden of whites and turbans, Iran
I love you both
I love your poets I love your singers I love the people who play you in theatre in movies.. I love all of you
But for one, my tears are of joy, while I sway to the salsa? And the other my tears are warm and hurting for the 80 million who could have been my brothers and sisters ..

So, music is argentine
Alex Fox and Astor Piazzola
But the waves that came over were from
Different continents ..

I beg for nothing
If you can give me something, like a monk
That appeared on 5 Oct at the Bristow Bungalow in Fort Cochin
While I was peering at the Arabian Sea
I will accept
Into the billowing habit of my heart
Thank you for this addition
All of you who live so far away from me ..

Gracias a la Vida   sang Mercedes Sosa
La Vida es un sueno wrote Graciloso de la Inca

It is Midnight in Miami and Havana
It is 5 am in Brussels, Cologne and Linz, Madrid and Barcelona
The Moai in Rapa Nui are standing in the darkness of the isolated midnight
They are awake in Teheran and Tel Aviv
People are working in Sapporo, SriRacha and Seri Kembangan..

I better undo this stage where I have been dancing the euphoria of my heart
Pack them and go off..
But wait
If you see me, in your street corner, as you walk or go to work,
Kindly give me a salaam or shalom if you like..
Let both our days be bright
Under this golden dome we call the sky (Did Khayyam say that? )..





featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...