samedi 21 mars 2020

SPRING EQUINOX AT DZIBILCHALTUN IN YUCATAN...TRAVELS WITH MY BROTHER YITZHAK

Meet me in the evening of this coming Thursday at Parque Santa Lucia in Merida, Yucatan, said the message from my brother Yitzhak who lives in Portland, Oregon, USA. I am not sure where I was when I received the missive. At that time Merida was certainly in my worldview and had become quite familiar with the city, had even made some friends, including an Iranian who had moved down from Canada, I even remember his name, Manouchar, and had opened a cafe , just in front of the hotel I used to stay, Hotel Santa Ana. Where are you now, Manouchar?
I showed up at the park, at the appointed time, it was full of people, the local seated in the rows of chairs put there for this purpose in front of the stage. A local dance troupe was finishing a show of what seemed a courting dance and then the bandleader people to come up and dance.
Knowing my brother, I knew this was the time to search for him among dancers, as he would not miss a chance to dance under the skies in some exotic locale. Sure enough I spotted him swaying with a madame in a huipile and I went up to him, touched him on his shoulder:
Do we know each other by any chance?
Not by chance, but by persuasion!
Do you remember, brother?
We had a good time together, so much so that, two German girls who were on the same tour bus as us to Chichen Itza thought we were two gay men enjoying each other's company!
The next day we took the colectivo to Progreso which left us on the turn off to Dzibilchaltun
a mayan temple, archeological ruin complex.
The temple of the dolls is aligned such that on Spring Equinox shines right through it.
Yesterday sunrise brought us Spring Equinox.
I received this video from a mexican friend of mine.
accompanying this video was this note:
La luz ya entró por los santuarios

La memoria antigua está con nosotros

The temple of Dolls is the name of the temple and I remember the Cenote very well. 

Is it incredible that one can recollect the sensations that were felt? not just the sights.

I was feeling good yesterday having shared the Spring Equinox with some friends from Iran where this sad year, they could not celebrate Nowruz..

so I do not think it was a coincidence that my friend from Monterrey sent this video to me today. I don't ever talking about Dzibilchaltun with them.

now under this big umbrella that we call the sky, everything is related. Mitakuye Oyasin.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...