samedi 1 janvier 2022

COMING BACK TO CÔTE SAUVAGE AND THE FANTASTIC SENSATION OF LIFE'S AFFECTION

 This has been an unexpected trip and not well prepared trip at all. But every day, unexpected pleasures have come my way.

On arriving at the Madrid Airport, after a lovely flight across the pond on British Airways, I was told that Morocco has shut its borders and that my flight has been cancelled.

I had no special plans and nowhere to be at.

I had never been to the Canary Islands from where half of the Cubans ancestors departed, why not go and sense the ancestral ambiance.

I did

Met a young philosophy student who was very impressive and her open minded parents. They added me to the invited guests to a lovely brunch party.

Soon I was back in Madrid and where to?

Malaga always held an attraction.  2 1/2 hours on fast train and was at a nice boutique hotel near the centre of Malaga. paying homage to the native son of Andaluz, from the 12th Century, Solomon ben Yehuda ibn Gabirol, prolific author, poet and philosopher.

A nice seaside restaurant serving hot potions of all kinds of seafood set the mood for the next few days of eating and the cuisine de prochaine pays. France..

Arriving on 31 december 2021, i was all ready to check into a hotel by the railway station but a chance conversation led to an extremely nice dinner and some old and some new friends.

the next day, on the 1st of the year which would bring some normalcy hopefully, was heading to Presqui'lle Quiberon.. where my companion of heart and adventures , Sr. Carlos would be waiting.






It was nice to be back here in the company of Sr Carlos, who knows every one in town and I can look forward to well prepared french food (healthy to boot) and at least one visit to the Creperie which has now become a ritual as well as a taste of Champagne..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...