lundi 13 décembre 2021

A NICE DAY OF FRIENDSHIP. SOUTH FLORIDA IN USA

My closest friends in South Florida live 120 km north from where I stay in Miami. The Highway takes you there in less than an hour and half, allowing me to enjoy the Florida landscapes as well.
The architecture is nouveau americaine, the kind that is being exported because of its convenience and aesthetics to other parts of the world  Windhoek? Kigali? Damansara? Bentul City?
I like the French custom of Apertif, champagne at around 4 pm. There is always some south african style samosas and today's champagne was more than delicious.
The shifting of time during winter brings the sunset prematurely while the body is trying to adjust to this horological movement ordained by the Government.
Living as close I do, pre covid, near the ocean in La Habana, Sunset is an integral part of my day and I try to make it here away from my little island 
The food here can be described as Tapas Americanas, because the plates are large but one can choose or taste a variety of dishes which are not found on your casual american restaurants.
Brussels Sprouts toasting Sr Carlos in the namesake City
Mushroom and Goat cheese 
Grilled Octopus memories of Old Lisbon, Jalan Alor etc.

I am told that many of these houses are x mas lights decorated by professionals!
We talked late into the night and the sleep was welcome.. with a night cap of Baileys..

Smoked Salmon with cream cheese on a scooped out Bagel is a very Eastern European Jewish breakfast item. 


 The drive back was painless.. Once again France Belgium Spain Israel Thailand Malaysia Mexico Cambodia and of course Cuba on the radar..

It is hard to believe that a better life exists elsewhere in this universe outside of our planet.. for a frail human being with emotions with holes like swiss cheese through which one can pour in comfort some fermented grape juice from the Champagne region..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...