jeudi 9 décembre 2021

A LOVELY DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN ANTHROPOLOGIST, SO MUCH PARTICIPANT OBSERVATION OF INDIGENOUS AND NON INDIGENOUS LIFE

 What all happens in the course of a day? asked the poet.

Each day is an unexpected gift, you may meet someone new, taught my erudite jewish teacher in Melbourne, Irwin Frenkel.

Alan Badious the french philosopher said, most people have such a predictable life that they avoid risks altogether. This self isolation was exaggerated during society being locked up during the Covid pandemic.

When I wake up , I rush up to see where the Sun is up in the sky


There is never a disappointment. All beautiful things in life are free, I had been taught by my UmonHon teacher, Pierre.


My host in Miami, Jose and I sit down for coffee and each day we make some comment about this scenery that we stare at.

Feeling Grateful.

Driving along a lonely road to be with the Indigenous people. I listen to BBC World Service. It never ceases to amaze me what a wonderful trough of knowledge that Service is. Thank You.

In between my duties, did find time to spend a little time with the trainer who works with our patients. Then it was time for Lunch, and today a special one for the workers.


Most of the dishes had Pork in it, so I could only salivate at their deliciousness. A small lunch (salmon) and a little bit of Flan..

Visited some patients at their homes and it was time to go back home.


Cuban palm Roystonea Regia represents Xango in the Cuban pantheon, brought over from Africa.

once again, travelling through the road cut in between water and the reeds

At home, jose was cooking some calaloo, a jamaican variety of Spinach. 


and a very nice glass of Malbec from Mendoza in Argentina.

What else does a man want, after all?

A life without Love or friends, is not a Life but a repetition.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...