mercredi 11 août 2021

Hommage à Mony Elkaïm, pionnier du champ des thérapies familiales

I was a very naive student from Australia. Invited to attend a meeting of the World Union of Jewish Students! 

Imagine a colonial australian boy with no exposure to the world, deeply paroquial, from a strong eastern european jewish community and was surrounded by people that I could make no sense of ..

Jose Goldstein from Costa Rica, a Carlo Levi from Milan.. who complained that his radio had stopped speaking to him in Italian the minute he listened to it in Luxembourg!  we all laughed.

But the person I was very impressed with was Mony Elkaim who was already a doctor and organizer of the meeting. Je suis maoiste-sioniste... he said  



I never held a long discussion with him, I met him when we were just peeping at our horizons, he from Belgium and me from Melbourne and a fleeing momen, je suis maoiste-sioniste..

Many years later I was in Brussels , I should have made an attempt to see him. Now he is no more .


Someone comes into your heart, leaves a space that cannot be filled or remain unfilled.


then I began to think about people, whom I met briefly, very briefly usually, but they somehow remain in my memory. Obviously their achievements in the field of human behaviour leaves a blot in the canvas of life. 

May you live to be 120, the psychiatrist who does not prescribe medications. 

I hold psychiatrists who talk to their patients and do not use medications in high esteem, perhaps that is why I am so close to many psychologist friends.

Now a thought for the day arrives from Brasil


não posso fazer todo o bem que o mundo precisa mas sei que o mundo precisa de todo bem que eu posso fazer

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...