vendredi 30 avril 2021

WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY KARMA, THE UBIQUITOUS WORD MISREPRESENTED IN THE WESTERN MIND


 IN 2008, On an Air Asia flight from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Siem Reap, Cambodia, I met MCY who would become my closest friend in Asia. We shared/continue to share wonderful moments, and now with her Portuguese husband (Mozambican)!

During the time I have known her, she has gone from being a CPA in charge of Finances of large companies and managing mergers and acquisitions to a Yoga Teacher and a mediator of family tortures and currently a PhD student at the Monash University in KL.

She met her husband during one of her Yogic expeditions to India and both of them are devotees of SadhGuru, the popular and International Guru based in Coimbatore in South India and Tennessee in the USA. 

He is not able to promote this book in the usual fashion because of the pandemic.

Last week, my friend MYC wrote to say that the timing of the presentation was too inconvenient for her, so she would like me to attend the event, virtually of course, My pleasure, I said.

I left work early, I work at the National Park with Indigenous people and it is about one hour away. I wanted to come home early and prepare my mind and emotions to listen carefully what Sadhguru and Deepak Chopra, both Internationally well known Indians, one a Mystic, the other an Intellectual who is an Endocrinologist by training. 

Both shone very well during the hour long Interview. One could see the different worlds both of them inhabit, Deepak is much more attuned to a western audience whereas Sadhguru has an universal outlook.

That reminded me of what an Indigenous elder told me: Spirituality is your connection with the Universe.

The two concepts that Sadhguru talked about impressed me, perhaps it resonated with me well. 

Dont judge the book by the cover is an old English saying, Sadhguru talked about transformation, leaving behind the luggage of your bag of Karma and acquire your own bag of Karma and memories.Completely disassociate yourself from the previous to the new. 

You cannot look at my good friend MCY and say she is a Chinese accountant..there is Hafez, Sadhguru and many others residing there.

Millions of people are on the move at this moment and after Covid has become a memory, millions more would move. It would help them transform and It would be great if we can play a part in that transformation.


This is an excellent definition of Good and Bad Karma. Selfish countries and pursuit of Money, USA being the standard bearer but this culture is spreading right across the world; against the responsibility of the Individual for the welfare of the society, as we see in Japan, Bhutan in absolute terms and in some other societies somewhat in a partial form 

People ask me why do you love Cuba so much?

Aren't there other countries where the material infrastructure is better ?

I would reply

Cuba with its humanity, suits me well. Individuals realize what is just for all the society. If you are in Cuba, and your intention is to be service to others, it certainly is better than many other countries. 

All in all, I enjoyed listening to the two deep thinkers for an hour. Sadhguru was conversing at another level, less entertaining and more reflective.. Chopra was a fine interviewer, and try to iron out any difference between the two, especially where words with encumbered meanings were used. 












I have noticed that my BP always is at an excellent state whether I listen to SadhGuru or do Vipassana or write about the intellectual encounter. Once again, if you are a sceptic, then I do not think the BP changes would occur. If you of an intellectual bent with a capacity for discourse, I think your Mind, Body, Emotions all would benefit. I can assure you on these points.

with regards to spirituality, I can only repeat what the Indigenous elder said to me: Spirituality is your connection with the universe!


I dedicate this blog to my best friend in Asia, MCY



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...