samedi 26 janvier 2019

SAUDADE DO AMAZONIA THESE PHOTOS TAKEN ONE YEAR AGO 26.1.2018 LETICIA COLOMBIA


Long time ago I had visited Iquitos on the Peruvian Amazon while I was a student in Miami and had been wanting to go to the Amazon: Colombian and Brasilian
A chance arose a couple of years ago and a chance meeting led me to the TICUNA indians and also a Cuban music teacher living in Puerto Narino.
I have been a regular visitor to the region since then, not all visits had been pleasant. It is not a place you invite city people to come who are bothered by mosquitoes and dirty streets and lack of tasty food and wine..
2018 I went there twice, the one in January was very pleasant and the one in July was a disaster, but all is forgiven.
I hope my relationship with the Ticuna and other Indians along the Amazon continue.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...