lundi 14 janvier 2019

MY POLYPHENOL DINNER IN MIAMI 14 JANUARY 2019

I have to present a conference on MICROBIOME and its ROLE in KIDNEY diseases in a couple of days time. After arriving from Havana and adjusting into the complexities of Miami life, I began preparing for the conference. I was delighted to learn so many new things about Microbiome and how to manipulate them through nutrition for the benefit of oneself and ones health.
I was learning the biochemical mechanism of how polyphenols in the food acts as a promoting factor: growth, proliferation and survival of the beneficial members of the Microbiota.
I pride myself having chosen to eat well, to suit my taste as well as listening to my body which instinctively reject unwanted or incongruous food given to it. 
When people ask me how I have managed to remain healthy while visiting USA once a month for such a long time, I would jokingly say: I drink wine ..
I went to the Christian Israeli restaurant in Kendall and had their aubergine israeli salad (so delicious) and my sister had prepared delectable hummus, complemented by a Radius Merlot from Washington ..
 I normally do not use things that come in plastic bags such as potato crisps etc. As I was reading about resistant starches and how they reach the colon and ferment help the balance of good and bad microbiome, I was intrigued to see a bag of Sri Racha vegetable tubes and the first ingredient was Potato Starch considered to be a good Resistant Starch.
Most of the ingredients are high in polyphenol but i am not sure they reach the colon in the current form as manufactured and packed like this. But I decided to give it a try.

Nice dinner in Miami..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...