jeudi 3 janvier 2019

MALAYSIA MY SECOND HOME AND THE DOUBLE TREE HOTELS THAT MAKE IT SO

I left Siem Reap with a heavy heart after having had a wonderful end of the year sojourn there.
The minute the flight landed in Kuala Lumpur my mood changed and I was happy to be back in Malaysia, my first visit of 2019.
I genuinely like Malaysia, thanks in no part due to my good friend MunChing from Seri Kembangan who had explained a lot of the nuances of this multicultural society.
But I am home at Double Tree Hotel by Hilton at Jalan Abdul Razak in the capital city.
As i walked towards the lobby and then took a left to go up to the Executive Lounge I have overcome with this great sense of familiarity. How many times have I stayed here? how many friends have I made?
How many of my friends have come to stay here with me? starting with my brother Eliyahu, my American Indian friends..
What is so attractive to me about DT KL is the genuine warmth with which I am received ..
Sheefa at the Executive Lounge already knew I was coming and had selected a nice room for me.









I had a deliciously healthy salad and a glass of south african chardonnay at the Lounge, well attended by Sheefa and Azfahar.
 Nothing like watching the clouds rolling in and put on a show and then move on from the 34th floor Lounge of DT KL 
 Maria whom I had missed on my last visit was back on duty and it was nice to chat with her for a while 
 The Chardonnay was drying up as the night was falling and I was very happy to go back to my room and attend to matters which had been put on the back burner during the delightful hours in Siem Reap



 I look forward to my breakfast at the Makan Kitchen. This morning I concentrated on the South Indian section with  proportionate servings of Roti Canai, one Idly, some chutney and string hoppers. Delicious and the  added attraction of Teh Tahrek
Went up to the lounge to say goodbye, Dat whom I have known for ages was there as well as Koo Chian Chee who is from Penang and is an intern at DT KL. I wish her well.
I missed not seeing Safa, the concierge par excellence.. but will catch up with him on return.
It is always a pleasure to say Hello to Rash. It is not often that I see him on my visits because of staggered shifts.
It was time to leave KL and go to Malacca.
and every one mentioned the name of Sahara, I dropped a line to her to say that I am coming tonight to DT Malacca a very recent addition to the HIlton portfolio.
My expectations were more than amply met.



I was ferried from the Malacca Central Bus station by a pleasant Chinese lady and we had a nice chat. On arrival, it was Anna who checked me in, while the recently arrived Herman from KK where he was at the DT there introduced himself and made me feel welcome. 
Talk about charming, here comes Miss Charming, none other than Sahara, now I remembered her face from her days as Front Desk Manager at DT KL. We had a lovely chat , remembering all our friends past and present.
When I reached my allotted room, I noticed its ample space, elegant design and attention to use of space. there was a bathtub as well as a shower. The bed faced the outside and i could glimpse the recovered sea front which is now receding under the pressure of development 










The warm reception afforded me by the staff of both Double Tree Hotel at KL as well as Malacca made me a little philosophical.
I left Cuba nearly one month ago and within one week will be back there, covering American Indians, Miami, Brussels, Haifa, Cochin, Siem Reap in the meantime. I have no family to go to on a regular daily basis but the family waits for me at KL and now in Malacca and in Siem Reap and in Haifa etc etc. The strength of American expectations with a definite stamp of Malaysian hospitality is what I receive at DT at KL and now in Malacca. I am fiercely loyal and do not change that so DT by Hilton whether it is Salalah or Doha or Kl or Malacca.. and if I could arrange Qatar Airways to bring me to these places, I would be a delighted person...
So the new year 2019 has begun, there are no New Year Resolutions, be the same person you were the past year and this year would take care of itself, become aware of the multitudes of people who contribute to your happiness and be grateful to them.
and I have many people to thank in Malaysia my second home...

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...