samedi 7 mai 2022

HOTEL SARATOGA IN HAVANA. THE ENTIRE COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING . SUCH A SYMBOLIC TRAGEDY OF ELEGANCE OF HAVANA

 PS PLEASE DO NOT MAKE UP YOUR MIND ABOUT CUBANS LIVING IN THE ISLAND BY YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH CUBAN EXPATRIATES IN MIAMI.


Cubans (I always mean the Cubans who live in the island) are very family oriented and were looking forward to a grand celebration of Mother's Day on 8/5/2022 but an explosion at the Hotel Saratoga on 6/5/2022 changed all that.

A pall of grief has fallen over the entire country. 

Cubans inside the island are very united and on such a traumatic moment, come together with greater than ever force.

A young friend of mine ran to give blood. My psychologist colleague is hard at word since the explosion counselling those who need it. 

But this was an unexpected disaster, caught the Cubans off guard.


I know I need to be there with my friends...

When i wrote to say thank you to my psychologist colleague her answer summed up what Cubans feel

Es un honor poder ayudar

It is an honour to be able to help.


You see that kind of reaction in very few countries in this world:

Israel and Japan in my experience. and of course, mi isla rica, CUBA

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...