vendredi 15 octobre 2021

SHABBAT SHALOM FROM MIAMI.. WHEN YOU PRAY, PLEASE KEEP MY NAME IN YOUR PRAYERS, SAID MY FRIEND FROM SUDAN

 There are some people whose presence in your life is mutually joyous, we bring joy to each other. I feel happy whenever I see you, said Avi, born in Khartoum, Sudan, grew up in Israel and then migrated to Venezuela and then USA. We met accidentally (does such a thing exist?) and since then have run into each other.

This afternoon I had a desire to see him and wish him Shabbat Shalom, so drove to the plaza where he has a shop. For the next couple of hours we were talking, mainly matters touching the Kabbala and its universal nature. 

Explaining the work I do, I said it is my way of Tikkun Olam, healing the world, he would quote a passage from Kabbalah to affirm that precept. the whole gist of the conversation was about how we, he sudan/iraq/egypt/israel/venezuela and I would spend a very agreeable time together 

We walked over to an Israeli Arab restaurant, Alladin and had a small bite.


reminding our gut microbiomes of our ancestral food, regardless of our current and recent geographical transgressions.

He has a more religious upbringing and could quote philosophy of the sages far easier. But it was gratifying that what he said referring to the Kabbala had immediate resonance as if my work is a Lived in Kabbala!!

As we walked back, I wished him Shabbat Shalom and told him I have candles for tonight , he said 

when you say the prayers tonight, please do not forget to include my name 

we both felt good having seen each other and spent a little bit of time together . A human connection and also transaction of symbols which I use a lot in my healing among the Indigenous people. We were both manipulating symbols which is common to both of us 

In the end we both were happy.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...