vendredi 15 octobre 2021

SOMEHOW GENE THIN ELK CAME INTO MY THOUGHTS THIS AFTERNOON.. HE IS AN INSTITUTION IN THE INDIAN COUNTRY

 I had the opportunity to work with a Native Psychologist from the University of South Dakota in the USA and one day he invited me to come to Vermillion where he introduced me to Gene Thin Elk who was going to conduct an INIPI ceremony as the sun was going down across the grassy plains.

From then on, any time I was on that road to somewhere west, I would stop by and greet Gene. He was well known in that part of the world as a teacher, mentor, healer and a medicine man. He was the originator of the Red Road and was very successful in bringing to the attention of the European descendants living in the USA the power and meaning of the universe of the Indian healing 

Many of the things he taught me came in very handy in my healing career, as I worked only with Native Indians in the USA.

we are spirits on a physical journey through Grandmother Earth's realm

we are made from basic essences: spirit mind body and emotion

emotion is an indicator for the condition of the other three essences

we are spiritual essence in thought belief and interaction with creation  ( this is what is UNIVERSE)

our individual growth is measured by our inner sense of well being


It was nice to think of my friend and teacher Gene Thin Elk today

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...