vendredi 5 juillet 2019

MARIE UNO AGED 24 YEARS BECOMES A DOCTOR IN CUBA

 Marie Uno as I call her was born 10 Jan 1995 and at the age of 24.5 years, she will be have the licence to practise Medicine in Cuba accepted as the majority of the graduates into the General Integrated Medicine training programme.
The family came to my house for the weekend to celebrate this occasion and it was a pleasure to have them.
I had introduced Marie Uno to Yoga which she has enthusiastically embraced and also a world of service in the medical profession.

 The family lives about 60 minutes by public transport, more likely 90 minutes, from the suburb of Havana where I live. and they arrived as I was finishing my breakfast 
 My Cuban sister had already arrived and we decided to fete the recent medical graduate with a Lobster Dinner 

 The man in this picture is my massage therapist who also lives in their town.
 You see two other young women, one is sister to Marie Uno and the other is a cousin. the woman on the left is a good friend of mine from the days when I lived in Baracoa.










 I usually try to bring gifts to marie uno which would be of help to her at the hospital, like this uniform which she likes to wear when she is on duty




 Havana never ceases to amaze me, the destruction and regeneration 


A stethoscope the kind I had when I graduated from Medical School, I gave to Marie Uno as a present 


 Once the family left, the three young women busied themselves and prepared the dinner and also the breakfast the next day


 They wanted to get home and just near my home, one can catch almendrones, almonds as they are called, the ancient american cars plying as taxis.
Congratulations, Marie Uno, you studied hard and did well in your studies and now begins the never ending life of sacrifice for others while extending a helping hand 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...