mardi 16 juillet 2019

40 HOURS IN LA HABANA

I had made short visits to La Habana previously, notably a 36 hour visit from Buenos Aires, longer journey than sojourn and this time I did a 40 hours visit to La Habana. before going to Barcelona
I did not expect a 1954 Chevrolet to pick me up and what more, it was air conditioned..

When I got home, my landlady had already bought the vegetables that I like and had started preparing my lunch.


The Cuban Yogurt is delicious not to mention very poor free of chemicals 

I accomplished what I had come to do and had a wonderful sleep, thanks to my Cuban sister who is also my landlady
after breakfast on day 2, this time with some good cuban cheese as well as pieces of lobster, it was time to go to the airport and my faithful friend the driver arrived on time.




American Airlines flight to Miami, just 40 minutes, before you know you are landing.






Miami has instituted face recognition technology on arrival and i went and faced a machine and pressed the button and outcame a welcome to the USA and i was out of the door 
The Uber driver arrived promptly, and I listened sympathetically the usual tragic stories of hard work, irregular meals, double jobs and menial jobs of . recent migrants. He had trained at IT person and now works as a Uber driver in Miami. Very nice guy to chat with and soon I was home at my sister's.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...