dimanche 17 mars 2019

THE NIGHT HAS FALLEN OUTSIDE AND ALL OF US ARE THE SAME

The Malaysian Airline Lounge at KLIA 1 is an excellent place to wind down. I am sitting in their dining room, looking outside, where I can make out the skeletons of some of the planes.
I ordered Laksa and they bought Tofu with it, so i just sipped the pungent soup. But the champagne offered was delightful enough so that it would lull me into sleep on the next step of this long journey home.
I saw a Silk Air plane (from Singapore) pull out, the pilot must be happy to go home as he would reach home in a few hours and sleep in his own bed and say hello to his family.
so would the Flight attendants.
But for the passengers, many of them like me, passengers in transit, going to Singapore to catch the myriad of flights to western europe, asia, australia etc etc.. For them the night ahead is one of trying to sleep.
Bonne nuit my dear comrades in travel.
It is now 10 am on the 17th in Havana
12 hours behind
in 30 hours I would reach Miami, the second Havana of the hemisphere.
time, distance, people, countries are all merging.
Japan Airlines would take me to the USA..
I have to make sure that I get a nice amount of sleep in the plane ..
Changes, liminality, identity, culture of people, all change.
mostly the people and their pre occupations change
They are not very happy in the USA these days..
Arabs are trying to kill the Jews, the right wing white extremists are trying to kill the Muslims, a war of hatred now spread to all religions..how sad.
The travel opens your mind and it is also the saddest of all pleasures
constant goodbyes and constant reunions

I felt sad to leave KL a few days ago
My stay in Siem Reap was excellent 
and Myanmar just embraced me so well
I have nothing to complain about..

but how can we bring a little happiness to everyone on this planet 
including my wonderful little island of Cuba?

I am going to try..
so this last sip of Champagne is for you..
then I will board the flight to Narita to connect to USA..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...