samedi 16 mars 2019

A TRADITIONAL MYANMAR MEAL.. ENJOYED IN THE COMPANY OF MY BURMESE FRIENDS

During my three day stay here in Yangon, I had been offered all sorts of Asian meals. I enjoy Asian food, particularly if they have a local twist to it. I am not travelling to eat hamburgers or spaghetti or toast for breakfast.
My breakfasts have been a sumptuous Tamoul feast courtesy of Chef Ganesan at the Sule Shangrila Hotel. Dosai, Idly, Appam with the varieties of curries and condiments.
Thus left only three dinners: the first night I was taken by friends to a Korean restaurants which are flourishing in Yangon, and I had a satisfactory dinner, given the ambiance of the mall.
Yesterday I wanted to visit a South Indian Restaurant in IndiaTown and another satisfactory meal.
Todays dinner was the tops, a traditional Myanmar meal with all its accoutrements!
Enjoyed in the company of Burmese friends of many years..







 I ate Burmese rice with multiple vegetable curries as well as green leaves, a very healthy meal indeed. 
When the bill arrived I was surprised that it was only 21,700 burmese kyats, or 14 usd for five of us ..A judicious culturally relevant tip was left behind and this restaurant which has five branches in Yangon is a place to visit for a lovely traditional burmese meal..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...