dimanche 10 mars 2019

DOUBLE TREE KUALA LUMPUR . WHAT A LOVELY PLACE TO COME HOME TO ..

It seems an apt commentary of a lifestyle of a traveller that you become familiar with ambiance attached to transient places in your life: in this case the Executive Lounge at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton at Kuala Lumpur.
My flight arrived from Cochin via Colombo and a new friend, Mr Hakim drove me to the hotel only to be very warmly welcomed by the professional Concierge Mr S..up to the 34th Floor to be welcomed by friends I have known for a while Mr D and a recent mother Mrs S who runs the place. 
To look out to the hills and sip a glass of white wine from RSA..
everything looks so permanent and not transient. Ms S comes in later and of course our friendships goes back many many visits, I have known her ever since she started working here at the Lounge. 
The chef(s) had put on a nice show and some delicious things to pick (healthy choices as well) and good service by our friends Mr D Mr M



The Hospitality management school in Lyon sends interns over to Double Tree Hotel and it is always a pleasure to chat with them. Ms B is no exception and charming to boot and afforded a nice conversation about our common interests in France.
I am leaving for Cambodia and when I went to say goodbye to the people at the Executive Lounge, I felt a genuine sense of sadness!
I asked myself, why should you be sad saying goodbye to the staff of a hotel? that you come back often to?
I searched my thoughts, and the book currently in my posession perhaps helped me as well 
Flames of Attention by J Krishnamurty



We who live in the west or western oriented countries, are going through a liminal period where we have rejected the fulcrums of the past such as Religion, Politics or Socieal Sciences and look forward to individualized customized to ones soul kind of existence in which mindfulness or awareness of the present is very much stressed.
The intense, full of purpose conversations, this time with Ms. S as well as Ms B, focuses that longing in the heart, not in the mind as much, and leaves a very sweet taste. 
To be able to transact powerful symbols of love, affections and worldview in such a short while, gives that sense of saudade (longing, anoransa) ..
That was what I was feeling when I said good bye to my new and old friends at the Executive Lounge at Double Tree Hotel in Kuala Lumpur today 
See you soon, dear friends..
Two special friends need mention again: M who is now at the the Executive Lounge who always has a warm greetings for me and the special Mr S the concierge. I look forward to the day when he would proudly wear his clefs d'or that great badge of honour for the World's best Concierges.

Talking about Concierges, I did enjoy the movie The Grand Budapest Hotel!

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...