dimanche 24 mars 2019

A WEEKEND IN MIAMI TO REST AFTER A ROUND THE WORLD TRIP

 I had left my dual homes of Miami and Havana at the end of January for a trip that took me to a lot of places
Brussels
London
Easter Island
Bogota 
(brief return to Havana and Miami)
Mexico City
Montevideo
Buenos Aires
Sao Paolo
Quiberon
Doha
Fort Cochin
Kuala Lumpur
Siem Reap
Yangon 
It is nice to be in Miami, to find your balance before shooting off to the Fiesta Interminable of Havana, that moveable feast of Havana.
while here a visit to Amy at Star Nails to attend to the dirt accumulated by walks on the sidewalks of the continents.
My Sudanese Jewish friend has a salon and I stop by there to get a haircut

Nice to drop by the Israeli christian restaurant run by people from Nazaret and a little taste of the Israeli food which i had missed in my travels
Every time I am in Miami, I look forward to long sessions of talking and discussing and eating with my friends/family Dr M and G. Sheer pleasure.
This weekend was exceptional in that the weather was just gorgeous and a trip around the bay was exquisite.
Of course, we were sipping on a Sauvignon Blanc by Kim Crawford, a favourite.









It was a beautiful day to enjoy good friendships.
as the sun was setting we drove to Miami Beach and to the Italian Restaurant George's where a nice meal was waiting for us 
We had taken a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and that drop was finished quickly accompanying the seafood. 



It is the custom in Argentina to eat Gnocchi towards the end of the month, as the money would be running out for the working class.
We requested a pesto sauce which was not the best i have had.
Beware of the Green Monsters..
We had been chatting the three of us, drinking, eating, since 2 pm, on land and on water and when we got home we chatted till 1 am... which is just about the usual time for friends to talk after a two month long separation ..
Usually we have bagels and smoked salmon for breakfast but on a Sunday morning, in a predominantly jewish area, the crowds are large waiting in line to get into Bagel places.
So chose a Gourmet Diner with its creole chef who imitates french food ..haitian style



a lovely weekend
and the sun is setting.
As I was finishing this blog I received a message from my good aussie friends, who were waking up to the fjords of Queenstown in the South Island.
It would be nice to get together with them...

One of the unexpected pleasures in life are when dear friends walk into your path in unusual places.
As we were leaving the restaurant last night, i heard someone calling my name, and I had no difficulty recognizing my friend from Cuba, a poet by the name of Nuvia. We quickly tried to catch up the years that have gone by, good and bad news..Miami would have been the last place I would have expected to run into her.. but this is a Cuban town.
A lovely weekend in Miami
Last weekend was in Yangon
The next weekend would be in Havana..

Hasta la Victoria Siempre..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...