samedi 2 février 2019

THIS IS LONDON, UBER EATS DELIVERS MASALA DOSA

The weather was bleaker more than the usual and the cold unbearable when I arrived at the Heathrow Airport from Madrid.
I had booked a DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON hotel, out of loyalty to the brand but I did not realize how far away from the airport it was. After waiting for half an hour for the Hoppa Bus 56, it took another half an hour to get there. 
I was not in a mood to explore the hotel offerings, I remembered UBER EATS.. 
Opening the app I could see that a wide variety of food could be had, mainly Hamburgers, Pizzas etc within a few minutes. But if you were willing to wait for half an hour, a south Indian specialty dish would arrive.. A Dosa, a masala dosa  or a couple of IDLYs (hello brother eliyahu!) would arrive.
As I am studying MICROBIOME these days I know that both of these offerings are good for the Microbiome and I ordered a Masala Dosa from Sangeetha vegetarian Restaurant which has its HQ in Chennai in India with branches in Doha and KL as well as the other usual suspects in the Gulf states.
As promised within half an hour, i received a call from M. Said, who said he was downstairs (a Somali man)
The dosa was in a Biodegradable plastic bag and it was hot and i enjoyed and devoured it while sitting in my room at the hotel.
I could have had Tapas, perhaps an italian option and definitely a MIddle Eastern one.
But Dosa it was for me
I thoroughly enjoyed it ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...