samedi 16 février 2019

TAPATI FESTIVAL 2019 IN RAPA NUI . FOREIGNERS ARE WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE

A RAPA NUI  family with their Foreign Friends. 
Everyone joins in the celebrations, I can see my Argentine friend in the photo ..

Rapa Nui are Polynesian and the Continental Chileans are of European extraction, so cultural conflicts and misunderstandings exist. 
But new laws are being introduced to protect the Rapa Nui identity. 
Many Rapa Nui admitted their fear that what has happened in Hawaii to their native population and also to the Maori in Aotearoa (NZ) might happen to them, where they will loose their language and rituals. 
During the Tapati I was so happy to see that the language that dominated was not the language of the colonialists (Spanish) but Rapa Nui.

I am grateful to have had a chance to witness TAPATI along with my Rapa Nui friends as well as meet some Tahitians from Austral Islands.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...