lundi 25 juin 2012

A REMARKABLE AUSTRALIAN .. DR ASHIM SINHA

I am at the Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society which is like a pilgrimage to practising Endocrinologists around the world..
As I entered the hotel where the meeting was to be held, a familiar voice greeted me and that belonged to Dr Ashim Sinha, a remarkable Australian..
I have nothing but respect for him for the wonderful life he has led and continues to do so, always in the service of other people and at the same time helping others to reach the level he has reached, never forgetting where he came from...
He reminded me of what my father said of his hero, Zhou En Lai... let us all get ahead together.. He is the australian that i have met without prejudice and an universal view of the human spirit and at the same time anchored well in the culture that gave birth to him.. with which endocrinologist from Adelaide to Zimbabwe, can I talk about 

Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay?

Erudite but humble, human and helpful, I am so glad I am your friend, Ashim. I will make every effort to be in Cairns to witness your good work and go with you to Thursday Island and Bamaga to see your humanitarian work with the Thursday Islanders and the Aboriginal Australians. You deserve your medal from the Royal Australasian College of Physicians..
You are truly a Good Australian!
Ashim took me to an Indian restaurant, called Korma Sutra with its fine North Indian food and we shared a drop of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.. I have gotten to know him better this time.. met him a few years ago at another Endocrine Meeting in San Antonio..
I truly admire your attachments to what you consider to be important in your life ....
Apart from our chosen carreers we have Australia and our love of the Indigenous people in common.. and the literature and culture of Bengal..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...