lundi 27 février 2023

THE EXECUTIVE LOUNGE AT DOUBLETREE BY HILTON IN KUALA LUMPUR

 I have been extremely pleased with this stay at the Executive Lounge with an associated stay at a room nearby.

I had arrived in KL from Havana/Miami with no specific plans, perhaps to visit Tawau or Siem Reap 

The person responsible for my excellent stay is Shalinda S , the manager of the Executive Lounge at the Double Tree Hotel in Kuala Lumpur


She made sure that everything was in perfect detail, for me and I had not a single problem during my stay, thank you Shalinda


I have a surprise for you tomorrow, she announced with a giggle and the surprise turned out to be a mutual friend, Maria, who used to work at the Executive Lounge some years ago.

Hospitality industry sees people transferred and moving up or away, so it is best to enjoy their company when you can. Some like Maria will come back and many others keep in touch


Some new friends each with their own particular fragrance and personality. I wish I could talk to each and every one of them in detail, to get to know them and also to transfer a little bit of my knowledge about this world, if they are interested.
One new friend is Halmira and i enjoyed chatting with her a little. She just started at DTKL and hopefully would be here when I return 


My friends know my weakness for Tamoul people whom I find to be sweet and endearing. Jeeva is no exception. He has visited Tamoul Nadou on varous occasion and we talked a little bit about the Tamoul diaspora in South America and in South africa as well as Reunion island 



I have known Odelia for a while and she concentrates on her work with a tenacity not known in these parts. Definitely a star to watch..
A very pleasant member of the Executive Lounge with a welcome smile on her face 



Vimal was very happy to know that he could practice his spanish with me , my pleasure indeed ..


I remember Unish from my last visit three months ago but Halmi is new member of the team.

I do not have photos of Veno and Nanda but they are both very friendly and attentive.

I must also thank the variety of chefs, who provide a nice spread at the Happy Hours in the evening and also the staff who provide a range of cocktails. I enjoyed a Mojito (they call it Mist in Mind or something similar here) and a Cuba Libre both fixed by Jeeva. Also two other members fixed me mojitos which were up to the mark.


all in all, thank each and every one of you , for a lovely lovely stay at the Executive Lounge during my stay in Kuala Lumpur


It is time to leave, a traveller always looks forward to his next destination..This is my third International Trip this year ( I do not count travel between USA and Cuba to be travel, really!)

I was happy to discover the island of djerba and spend some quiet time in Tunis . On my second trip, what a nice experience exploring once again Marrakech as well as Azammour, the home of Estabanico, the first black african in the americas..

I like the idea of travelling.. as you could guess .




featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...