mardi 14 février 2023

A MOST PLEASANT 14 FEBRUARY. DIA DE LA AMISTAD AS WE SAY IN CUBA. A DAY OF FRIENDSHIP

 Today has turned out to be a very pleasant day.. I do not pay much attention to the Valentine's Day hype in the West but in Cuba this day is taken quite seriously since the emphasis is on Friendship. There is refrain in Cuba. Novios pasan, amigos por siempre. Lovers come and go but Friends are forever.

The importance of Friendship or Relationship as American Indians would call it was driven home during the Covid 19 imposed isolation and it has not ended or caught up with the pre pandemic levels.

Studies after studies point out the importance of Friendship in the Mental health of the society studied. Also it affords longer happier lifes.

In the many societies I have lived or visited frequently, I have enjoyed the Friendliness of 

Australia 

The South Pacific Islands 

Latin America 

and in Black Africa, Ghana, Zanzibar, Zimbabwe stand out .. 

These are my personal experiences .. 

But if you ask me which is the friendliest country you know 

the answer is very simple 

It is CUBA 

it is also possibly the reason that I prefer to spend my leisure time there than in the USA ...

The recent discovery of Morocco has added lustre to my life. Once you meet Moroccan Friendliness, you begin to question the friendliness of the Rich and more developed countries .

So on this day of Friendship I would thank all my friends who have contributed to this euphoric feeling and a lovely spent ..

The greetings began arriving as soon as I woke up and lifted my phone 

The first one was from Linz, Austria

The most were from Cuba 

So I thank my friends 

from Boynton Beach in Florida 

Austria. Bauru in Brasil, My dear friends in Iran... Mexico 

Tenerife, strangely none came from Morocco! China Thailand 

thanks to all of you ..


Saint Martin, French West Indies 
This came from Cuba
A friend sent this from Jew Town, Cochin 




My Ticuna from the Colombian Amazon sent this 
In Puerto Vallarta Mexico, it seems the homeless are fed well !

the sunsets there are not too bad either..



Mountain range in the Eastern Colombia 

Two Suns of Klagensfort..
A nice gift to young doctor 
A homeless person in Kendall Miami 
Lunch at the Wellness Centre

The sun is setting in Miami 

    To me this was a memorable day. I truly felt a sense of friendship with many of the people I interacted with today .

Thank you Dahnke Muchas Gracias ZheZhe Muito Obrigado Merci Beaucoup 

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...