vendredi 17 juin 2022

YOU SEEM JOLLY, HOW OLD ARE YOU ?

Surinamese are very friendly, and the receptionists at the Hotel Palacio in Paramaribo were no exception.

I have been looking forward to escaping from the narrow-mindedness of the discourse in Miami and the general anxiety of fear and anxiety in Miami where I had been marooned for two years as a Covid Refugee !

So I was more chatty than my usual self and she might have seen me interacting with the owner of the hotel or guests 

So one evening we were talking and she was telling me about her family and life in Paramaribo when she asked me :

You seem so jolly, how old are you ?

I understood the meaning of her question. my exuberant behaviour probably did not fit her image of a doctor and a professor .. 

I had a nice chat with her ..

I will be staying at the same hotel on my next visit, so see you then..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...