mardi 28 juin 2022

OPEN 24 HOURS A DAY, THREE SHIFTS OF WORKERS, BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE HERE

 Perhaps the function of this 24 hour cafeteria is not to serve the public but a place for mourners to sit and wait when their beloveds are bought for interment at the Funeral Parlour above.

I am always intrigued when i go past this cafeteria, almost always it is empty but occasionally i would see a woman with a chef's hat on.. what is she cooking?

I love the surrealism of this country .
The other day, I ventured in, the lady with a chef's hat was sitting idly at a corner looking at the TV (could this be a sports bar, I wondered)
The menu was not elaborate 
Fruit Cocktail
Natural Fruit Juice 
there were two other items which I couldnt make out what they were, as they were penciled into the menu plate.


Who may have sit at these chairs and exchanged stories in the distant past?
while elegant buildings eavesdropped on them ?


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...