dimanche 19 juin 2022

EUPHORIA WHAT IS THE SOURCE

A euphoric mood is characterized by feelings of strong happiness, excitement, and well-being. It is an amplified sense of pleasure that can have a number of different causes.  (from American Psychological Association)..

All human beings (and perhaps other animals too) are capable of Euphoria .. this sense of well being beyond description.


It was 6 pm last Thursday. An elder from this group of Indians had come to see me, we chatted and shared some knowledge.

I had already been feeling good, a day of fine interactions with colleagues and a sense of accomplishment of bringing good news to others.

As I got into the car to drive back to my residence in the city, I felt euphoric

a great sense of being alive , a sense of gratitude, happy to be me, gratified by this ability to help, feeling it in the body ..it is as if a string with droplets of love hanging on to it was connecting me to universe.

Today a friend from Iran asked me to explain Euphoria, wondering whether Westerners and others who drink wine experience Euphoria ?

I had to go through the experiences I have had with Europhoria and it was never with WINE

music, people, love, affection, poetry, literature, leaving or arriving in my favourite countries , anticipation of love and affection.. the list goes on and on 

I thought of Mohsen Yeganeh and his song 

each time it brings me happiness .. a lovely sense in my heart 

an euphoria 



Iran itself gives me an euphoria. The other country that gives me an euphoria is definitely CUBA. Towns such as Cochin in Kerala, Siem Reap in Cambodia, Yangon in Myanmar ..all are sources

While I was reading the lyrics in English and enjoying the music, I thought of a person who recently left without many words ..I thought of her 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QqErVIWS5Y
eu só estou ansioso com o amanhã que espera por você


A source of euphoria can also be a source of sadness, especially in romantic love ..

I will never forget this sentence from The Prophet by the Lebanese poet  Kahlil Gibran..

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...