mardi 21 juin 2022

HOMELESS BUT UPPER CLASS... AND THE SONG BY FARAMAZ ASLANI AND BABAK AMANI YAR WHEREVER I WENT I WAS HOMELESS

 Many years ago, the astute physician of south Dakota who was also my friend, Dr Jim K, came to visit me in MIami and he made an observation about my life 

You are Upper Class but HOMELESS..

Over the years, trying to slough off the attachments that bound to you to the petite charms of the bourgeoisie, i had tried to wean myself away from 

Nationality.  I am an Australian 

Profession.  I am a Physician in Endocrinology and a Medical                         Anthropologist 

Gender.        Male and Straight but immensely grateful for the                         women in my life, full of respect for them 

Colour of Skin.   My natural parents from Asia through their genes gave me this wonderful brown skin  and my growing up has been in the post-renaissance infused western thought of the European Jews, so the brown skin allows you to be a chimera .. or Zelig if you are a fan of Woody. 

No Ideologies but it is only natural that one shuns ideologies and thought processes that try to maintain the status quo.

1996 French Philosophers entered my life  Gilles de Leuze died that year and Michel Foucault earlier

2008 A good introduction to the Yogic Philosophy by a Chinese Malaysian accountant

Vietnam Burma Cambodia 

Cochin in the State of Kerala has played an important part of my homeless life of mine 

I wrote to my brother Shimon in Haifa 

Upper Class but Homeless 

No, brother, he wrote, you are not homeless, many a rooms are ready for you in the hearts of many people across the world .

Toda Rabah

These days, Iran is in full force in my life, lots of poems, songs and the ancient seers   Rumi. Hafiz  and the greatest poets of all time including Khayyam 

Oh my dear sweet friends of Persia 

So I played this video once again, I had mentioned it in another blog earlier ..

Family chooses you but you choose your friends 

YAR FRIEND 

Faramaz  Aslani and Babak Amani


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAF4_REZU9c


Yar
 - یار
سفر کردم که یابم بلکه یارم را
نجستم یار و گم کردم دیارم را
نجستم یار و گم کردم دیارم را

از آن روزی که من بار سفر بستم
به هر جایی که رفتم در به در هستم
به هر جایی که رفتم در به در هستم

فراموشم مکن من یار دیرینه ام
بیا خالیست جای تو به بالینم
تو را در خوابهای خویش میبینم

در آغوشم بگیر از خود رهایم کن
گرفتار سکوتم من صدایم کن
میان روزهای خویش جایم کن

Friend
I traveled, maybe I found my friend
I didnt find any friend and lost my land
I didnt find any friend and lost my land

Since that day I prepared for trip
Where ever I went , I am homeless
Where ever I went , I am homeless

Dont forget me, I am an old friend
Come, you are missed beside me
I see you in my dreams

Hug me, and free me from myself
I am the prisoner of silence, call me
Fit me in the good days

You will see a bit of Havana, Cuba in this video. 
It is an ideal city to be metaphorically Homeless..
You are welcome there ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...