jeudi 31 décembre 2020

CELESTIAL MAGIC OF DECEMBER 21

 



I had been waiting for this day, 21 december 2020. Normally it is just the Winter Solstice. Even in this tropical clime, during this time of the year, the sun sets early. With so many of our accoutrements tellings us when the sun sets, to day it was supposed to be 17.26, I rushed from the National Park where I was to the place I was staying in MIami.
On the way could not help notice the beauty of the setting sun.






By the roadside I saw people setting up their telescopes and I stopped for a moment as the sun dipped below the horizon.

it was the celestial dance of Jupiter and Saturn, the conjunction which had been labelled the Bethlehem star ..(etymology fans may like:  The term bedlam comes from the name of a hospital in London, “Saint Mary of Bethlehem,” which was devoted to treating the mentally ill in the 1400s.)





It was a special night.I was staying at the farm of friends of mine away from Miami and the sky was clear and one could see hundreds and thousands of stars.
Jupiter and its bands and Saturn and its rings were visible on projections sent on line from various universities. Even though they were million miles apart (456 million miles to be exact)..
Mark your calendars. 15 march 2060 for the next meeting of Jupiter and Saturn (easily visible, than the 2040 reunion)
to a little bit left of the MOON , one could even get a glimpse of Mars on this night.

a special night 
astrologers would talk of an auspicious beginning of a new era in human relationships ..


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...