samedi 26 décembre 2020

ANOTHER KUDOS FOR MO PO TSYO THE PEER TO PEER EDUCATOR PROGRAMME IN CAMBODIA RUN BY MY FRIEND MAURITS

I am very proud of my friend Maurits van Pelt and the NGO he heads in Cambodia, MoPoTsyo in which Peer Educators take care of poor people, usually from the slum areas and rural areas, who suffer from Diabetes and Hypertension. Ever since I have known it, I have admired the success of the programme and have maintained my connection with my friend and his programme.

this morning, i had a chance to read the following article.

An innovative model for management of cardiovascular disease risk factors in the low resource setting of Cambodia 

Nazaneen Nikpour Hernandez, Samiha Ismail, Hen Heang, Maurits van Pelt, Miles D Witham, Justine I Davies

 Health Policy and Planning, czaa176, https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czaa176

Published:
 
25 December 2020

Authors summary is as follows: and all I can say is: Good on you, mate, Keep up the good work !
  • The author’s institute in Cambodia utilizes Peer Educators (PEs) to screen and manage diabetes and hypertension in the community and a revolving drug fund (RDF) is used to finance the programme.

  • Use of peer educators promotes sustained rates of both hypertension and diabetes control. Attrition rate is variable but substantial.

  • The programme shows a significant and sustained rate of diabetes and hypertension control for those who remain in the program. There is a utility for rolling this model out across Cambodia and in other low- and middle-income country settings; however, further work is needed to improve patient retention.

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...