lundi 30 septembre 2019

LAST DAY OF JEWISH YEAR 5779 . WHAT A LOVELY END!

WHAT A LOVELY END 
Loves have only grown..
CUBA my home, the numerous brothers and sister that I toil for..
a glass of Chenin Blanc from an Indian winery, ah well..
 Sunset on the last day of 5779 seen through the Chinese fishing nets in Fort Cochin (a contribution of the great Chinese navigator Zheng He)

 Members of a Gypsy family from Rajasthan with whom I have been friends for ages and bring their handicrafts to my friends in the rest of the world

Dinner on the last day of 5779 . Crab Curry and for dessert, Payasam

one lesson from the departing 5779, in the words of my Cuban Sister:
Friendship is a responsibility
Don't ever be a traitor to it.
Shelomi Shabbat sings..
...hakadosh baruch hu malek...
Let us forget with generosity those who decided not to love us
Good bye, Brussels..
At the lighthouse hotel, the former home of Mr Fort Cochin, Sir Robert Bristow, the waiter, from Andhra Pradesh, suggested and chose my dinners, today those CRAB(full) curry which was simply delicious
plus chenin blanc from India 
and thanks to Spotify, I could hear, my Franco-Algerian co-religionist Enrico Macias belting out   Je suis Oriental..
ah well, moi aussi, je suis oriental
I am lost in my own world ..
I am physically in Fort Cochin, with the breeze from the Arabian sea, gently touching me ..
 Kerala-Gulf States Connection!
 Local Muslim women enjoying tghe beach 
The chinese fishing nets 

I love all the things there are to be loved 
Did Pablo Neruda say that ?
I feel it..
Little and Grand loves of my heart 
Havana, Tehran, Brussels 
I love you, Marcos and Auntie G
I love you, Ashleen and Mauricio BB
Big and Little stars in my sky
Welcome 5780 L Shanah Tovah 
My brother in Haifa
My brothers in Portland, Oregon
I have such good friends RN, MM in Cochin, Kerala, India whom I see more often than my brothers in Portland, Oregon, USA, but I love them.
 A North Indian staple for Breakfast 
 A gift for my little house in Cuba
(I have always been interested in the Persian contribution to the "Indian" culture, happy to see a book about it, needless to say, the book will go back with me)

I have travelled less in USA in 5779 than before, but my sister friends MS and DBG in her new home have been present as well as Mena of the Kickapoo.
Miami meant my sister J and Joseph and M &G. 
People are spending less and less time together. 
For the wonderful 5779, I have to thank friends in 
Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Malaysia, Colombia, Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Spain, Austria 
A content 5780 to all of you ..
Thank you 
to the hotel staff at
Bristow's LightHouse Bungalow Hotel in Fort Cochin, where I am writing this from 
Marriott Marquis in Doha, Qatar
Beyond Yangon, Siem Reap in Cambodia 
Be Grateful
Be Humble 
Be Helpful
5779 and 5780 as well 
Special thanks to J and J in Miami and BQ in Havana..
(Cuba is always present in my heart and also in Fort Cochin)

Soon, after I finish a telephone call to Twilight , I am off to the Cochin Airport
It was a great year for TRAVEL
Cuba USA Mexico Colombia Brasil Uruguay Argentina Easter Island 
Belgium France UK Spain Portugal Italy Slovenia Austria Israel Malaysia Myanmar Cambodia India Qatar
Many of them more than once . (except Easter Island)

I look forward to a content 5780
in which I hope a collaborative effort with scientists from Israel
visit to Israel 
further visits to Cochin
the birth of an NGO to offer help to the indigenous people



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...