lundi 5 février 2018

THE LIFE OF AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST TO THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE : ONE WEEK

One week ago today, I was sauntering along the Amazon River, getting to know the TIKUNA or Maguta people. 
Today I am with the Omaha people of Nebraska, USA.
 The time along the Amazon was delightful: Leticia, Tabatinga, Benjamin Constant, Puerto Narino, Caballacocha
 After eating western food, one has to get used to eating the raw fruits, plentifulness of the vegetables and the ever present fish.
 Was waiting for the full moon in Leticia. left for Miami via Bogota and then to Omaha, Nebraska. I arrived with snow on the ground but sun was shining and no snow in sight, all that changed within a matter of hours . The next day going to the Clinic of the Indians became an arduous task as walking even a few metres was dangerous.
 The temperatue plunged to MINUS 20 degrees Centigrade and I had experienced such a cold in a long while. I prepared myself as well as I could and drove the short distance to the clinic with greatest of care.
 It began to snow! and the roads became even more dangerous and I retreated to the house. Fortunately I had a Radius 2016 Merlot from Washington State and enough smoked Salmon!



featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...