lundi 12 juin 2023

IRAN IN MY HEART .. WORDS AND THOUGHTS FROM THAT CLOSED WORLD TO ME MAKE WEEP

 I had been looking for the book of poems by Ahmad Shamloo. I was the at the clinic of the indigenous people, and I had stored it there ? it was such a nice reunion with the book ..

In Havana, Cuba which is my home when i am in the Americas, there is a Persian restaurant ? and imagine my surprise when i could recognize Shamloo's face on the wall ?


one has to keep a pure heart with Iran, the recent history obscures what an Iranian is capable of. Unborn tomorrow and Dead Yesterday as Khayyam sang but others have murdered the todays as well 

A new voice in my horizon, reminded me of this poem by Shamloo


tears come to my eyes

for all my brothers and sisters and lovers in that land 

i want you to know that i feel your pain and desperation and hopelessness..

i am with you in whatever way I can be 

even if it is only to talk to you for a few minutes to improve your English

Forgive me, i should do more

forgive me, my brothers and sisters and lovers of Iran..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...