dimanche 4 juin 2023

COINCIDENCES ARE NOT COINCIDENCES .. WE ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THEM

A voyage of too many coincidences

Coincidences do not exist, it shows our inability to understand it 




A short visit to Buenos Aires

Miami to Panama to Montevideo, the awful hotel Bahamas but pleasant trip on Uber , the lady at the exchange charging me 5 dollar to change 20 dollars 


My clairvoyant sister from Havana said that the friend I was going to visit, whom she did not know, had been suffering and in that his life would begin a new trajectory.

As Indians would say, coincidences do not exist, it is that most of us have no ability to understand the significance behind it 

It so happened that the life of my friend, who has been a long time resident of Buenos Aires has taken a turn for the better with a more prosperous path ahead of him




We were in the taxi going towards the hospital in an outlying suburb, when the phone rang. It was a mutual friend from Spain

I had asked my friend about our mutual friend who had a hairdressing salon in Calle Jorge Luis Borges in Palermo. He replied , I have not heard from her in 17 years.

It was her on the phone!

Casualidad no so casual.


My friend is staying in the neighbourhood of Flores which used to be heavily jewish with its multiple small businesses. As soon as I entered the apartment I told my friend, I can feel the spirits of jews …The landowner is an Orthodox Jew of Syrian origin.

It was a Saturday and one could see Orthodox Jews walking to the synagogue and from their habit, I could detect that they are followers of the great Satmar Rabbi and there was a young man, with the traditional streusel, hat made of fur. I said Shalom to him and he common to his friends of this group who keep to themselves, was startled at first but a faint smile came to his face when I introduced my self in Hebrew to him. A simple smile overcame his face when I wished him a good week ahead.



The next day, my friend informed me that the owner of the apartment wanted to come to talk to him, something normally done over the phone. I was thrilled to talk to him and we talked about the recently passed Shavout holiday, comparing ourselves to collectors of light , to recreate the wholeness of sacredness.  He wanted me to see photos of his family and imagine my surprise when he pointed out to a young man in a streymel taken at his recent wedding. This is my son, he said proudly and to my consternation it was the same young man that I had said hello to the night before 


For me these coincidences would continue to occur as I wander around the world.



A Dominican cutting the hair of a Peruvian: Buenos Aires 2023

Schmulik abu shimon is 90 and you gave me a mischpocha..


Talk of coincidences.  many years ago i was walking down the path from Dunns River falls in Ocho Rios and was at an area where the road crossed the stream.. i looked up and there were Schmulik and Nava waving at me .. They are from Israel and I am from Australia and Jamaica was far from our homes ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...