samedi 31 décembre 2022

YALDA THE LONGEST NIGHT . LET LIGHT TRIUMPH OVER DARKNESS, IN IRAN AND IN AFGHANISTAN ..INDONESIA ..THE LIST IS LONG

 Tonight is 21 december .. it is the night of Yalda ..

 It is the longest night, full of darkness and this morning when young women went to their universities in Kabul, turbaned men with beard and machine guns told them that Taliban has decided that Girls will no longer be educated beyond primary schools. Do you know anything darker than that ? 

On this long night, I am in a house tranquil beyond words and the night outside shows a few stars 

There is no breeze 

IRAN is in my mind 

as it has been every day ( and many a nights) for the past ten years and before then sporadically going back to the day in my childhood  when my father told me what a beautiful language Persian was ..


Tonight is Yalda 

Iran is filling my heart 

It is not the mountains or the deserts (that i fly over on Qatar Airways) or the incredible beauty of its nature and monuments, but my connection to Iran is HUMAN.. 

and tonight it is HAFEZ ..

If I forget thee, oh Jerusalem, may my right hand forget its cunning, we read in our prayer books about the eternal capital of our people even at the time when Yalda began to be celebrated (some even suggested that Zoroastrians were afraid on this night because they distrusted darkness)..


To me on this Yalda night, the tranquility afforded me the busy entrance and performance of words of HAFEZ.. It was not to be a night to be alone.. My heart was filled with souls from IRAN..

so much Hafez tonight and I thank all of you, in any part of this universe for interpreting the words of Hafez for me 

not only the literary interpretations of the words but also what those words PERSONIFY in each and every one of you ..

As we say, you may be surprised to know, in ISRAEL, WE LOVE YOU IRAN..


On BBC this morning I heard the crackling voice of a young lady who left her family in Kabul  and went to Iran so that she can continue her studies.

I have eaten well today


Gourmet food, delicious fish, tasty sauce, brussels sprouts, broccoli. I helped myself to a glass of a soft on the palate , sauvignon blanc from New Zealand/Aotearoa.

It is a custom to read HAFEZ and ask questions and interpret his answers. I believe in this form of divination (adivinacion in spanish)..

I have been filled with HAFEZ tonight and here are some of his words ..

Today is 31 december 2022 and eager to bid farewell to a year already limping and welcome the freshness of the new year 2023. Everything in our minds right ?

Still thinking of Hafez..


Oh Janan, absent from sight, I have entrusted you to God; You burned my life and set fire to my life, but despite this, I love you with all my heart and soul. It means that I am in love with you and no matter how much I suffer from you, I will never get bored of you, whether you are far from me or close to me


Don't believe that I will give up on you until I die. In short, I will not leave your love until I die

Show me the altar of your eyebrows, that is, show me your eyebrows so that I can raise my hands to pray at dawn and pray for you and put my two hands on your neck as a support so that you are away from the evil eye or the evil eye is away from you. That is, in order for you not to comment, I will raise my two hands and pray for you and put them on your neck instead of carrying them.

: To make it possible to meet you, if I am going to Babylon Harot, I will do a hundred kinds of witchcraft to bring you. In short, I will try to meet you in any possible way and I will try hard to bring you, even if I use magic and sorcery, which in itself is an act of disbelief and delusion. That is, if I can't by any means, I will bring you to me through magic. In short, Khwaja expresses his passion by being away from Janan

O unfaithful doctor, I want to die in front of you, ask about this illness of yours that I am waiting for you. It means that my life depends on your visit.

With the hope of planting the seed of love in your heart, from the tears of my eyes, I have blocked the way of a hundred streams of flowing water. It means that lakes are formed from the abundance of crying around me. Hoping that maybe you will see the intensity of my crying and have mercy on me and find affection towards me.

He shed my blood and saved me from the sadness of love, that is, he saved me from the sadness of hijran; And I thank him for that. As a result: I consider killing me and getting rid of Hijran as a kind of blessing for my life.

This verse is a repetition of the theme of the sixth verse, which says: I mean by this flood of tears that I have seen, that by means of it, I will soften your stone heart and plant the seed of love in it.

From your grace and mercy, allow me to come to you, so that I may drop a gem under your feet from the burning of my heart. It means to fall at your feet and shed my tears

ghazal 260

This is Ghazal 260
Oh darling, who is charming in beauty and walks with grace and charm, lovers are always in need of your grace.
May your beautiful face be blessed and happy, as if from the beginning of your creation, the cute and charming domes were cut and sewn especially for your tall stature
Tell the one who desires your sweet smell to burn like incense on a burning fire and make it
The butterfly's heart is burning because of the candle light and in the presence of the candle, but my heart is burning without the candle and your face is also burning
The ascetic Sufi, who had given up wine in your absence, broke her penance the night before as soon as she found the door of the Mikdah open again
The reproach and boasting of the guardians of the beloved Koi will not diminish the value and dignity of my character, even if they crush me like gold in the mouth of a pincer gas.
My heart, which gained knowledge and understanding from walking around the Qiblah of your threshold, do not intend to go to Mecca anymore because of the desire to visit this shrine.
: What is the result of performing ablution and purification with bloody tears continuously? While I am not allowed to pray without the presence of your mihrab

As the wind approaches Sarkhum while foaming, Hafez went to the head of wine after hearing a nice tip from the mouth of the bartender, clappers and revelers the night before.




I swear by the glory of Shah Shoja that I have no quarrel with anyone over worldly wealth and position
I am drunk with homemade wine. Bring me that old wine that Mogh, the leader of the Zoroastrians, pours. My cupmate has come, goodbye companion of repentance
By God, wash my cloak with wine, because I do not smell the good smell of this age and the state of asceticism and piety.
Look, the one who did not allow listening to the instrument is now dancing and stomping to the accompaniment of the musical instruments.
: Thanks to this blessing that you are the sovereign kingdom and I am the obedient servant, take care and attention to the lovers
We are like the thirsty soil and we are looking for a sip from your cup, but we are not overflowing and we are not causing trouble for you.
May God not remove Hafez's forehead and face from the soil of the great Dargah of Shah Shuja

Ghazal No. 292, Hafez explains the reason for the opposition of the poet and his rivals to Shah Shuja and says that the differences are not over worldly wealth and positions, but over beliefs.  Out of love, Hafez swears by the greatness of Shah Shoja and then says that in a situation that does not smell good( bad situations) , Hafez turns to wine with his friends who drink alcohol and avoids hypocritical penitents

The interpretation of this ghazal in my Fal

    You are a person who is satisfied in your life and is not involved in worldly affairs.  Contentment is one of the best assets of a human being.  If the current situation is not to your liking, do not despair.  Life has many ups and downs.  Treasure is not obtained without suffering.  Hear from old friends and treat them kindly.  If you have a request from someone, keep your dignity and personality and wait a little while for him / her to fulfill your requests. 

HAFEZ kept on giving as he has been for all these centuries ..

 Oh, you who talk about love with words and expressions, that is, you express love with words and words, we have nothing to do with you. Go well and in good health. That is, you who express the quality of love with your tongue, while love is present and does not fit into word
 O dervish, don't wail and cry and scream at the sword of your friends, because this tribe of friends takes the ransom from the dead, that is, from the victim. That is, they kill their lovers and then say that our hands are tired of killing you, and with this excuse they take blood from the dead
 Khwaja addresses the same dervish and says: set fire to the cloak, which will break the bend of the butler's eyebrow, the corner of the imam's altar, and destroy it. The result is: the crooked eyebrow of the bartender has attracted all the people of the world and made everyone bow and prostrate before him. From now on, asceticism and piety will be part of Sufism, because where the corner of the butler's eyebrow is, the corner of the mihrab will be ruined, that is, it will defeat the width and dignity of the mihrab, and no one will pay attention to the mihrab.
 Khwaja addresses Janan and says: Far be it from me to moan and complain about your punishment, because the cruelty of the gentle is full of grace and benevolence.


“How
Did the rose
Ever open its heart
And give to this world
All its
Beauty?
It felt the encouragement of light
Against its Being.
Otherwise,
We all remain
Too
Frightened”

This is Ghazal 365
 A long time has passed since we have rubbed our faces on the ground out of love and devotion before your feet and we have abandoned showing off and hypocrisy in front of people.
 We have sacrificed the roof and porch of the school and the controversy of knowledge for a glass of wine and a beautiful bartender

We have given our lives to those two droopy witch eyes and our hearts to those two black wigs
 They are better
 A long time has passed and we are still waiting for the corner of Yar's eyebrow to show favor to us.
 We have not taken the country of comfort and safety by force, and we have not established a kingdom by force of arms. It means that everything we have comes from our freedom and chivalry, not power and wealth
 To see what role the beloved charmer's eye plays, we've based our work on her witch's eyes
  As a result of being deprived of the cuteness and charm of her long and long hair, we have put our angry head like a violet on the knee of sorrow.
 In the corner of lonely hope, like those who look at the moon, we have seen our desire to meet the bend of Yar's eyebrow. You asked, O Hafez, where has your confused and wandering heart gone? We have left it in the popular fold and crease breaker

MY BRILLIANT IMAGE
One day the sun admitted,
I am just a shadow.
I wish I could show you the infinite incandescence
That has cast my brilliant image!
I wish I could show you,
When you are lonely or in darkness,
The astonishing Light
Of your own Being!

oh Hafez how blessed are we that descended among the humans to leave such insights for eternity..

( Beloved) with disheveled hair and sweat on her face and a smile on her lips and drunk, in an open and reckless shirt, singing a ghazal and holding a glass of wine.
 Her eyes like a drunken, militant narcissus and her lips mocking (with these moods), she came in the middle of last night and sat on my bed
 She brought her head to my ear and said in a sad (or excited) voice: My old lover, are you sleepy?
 A lover who drank from the hand of Beloved Sahargah Bade; If the fan does not drink wine, then he is ungrateful and denying the religion of love.
: O ascetic, go and leave us and do not find fault with the veteran wind drinkers; Because on the first day, they did not give us anything except wine, and our destiny is eternal.
Whatever the friend poured into our wine cup, we drank it without question, whether it was the pure wine of heaven or the wine that intoxicates and is the same as drunkenness. It means we are satisfied with his judgment and satisfaction.
The sparkling and shaking of the wine in the cup and the twisted and curly hair of Yar have broken many repentances like Hafiz's repentance
Hafez stays with you, fills your heart 
He reflects what is in your heart , shining brighter than even the sun 
Thank you IRAN for Hafez..

I will not forget my Malaysian connection to Hafez .. YMC, Ho and Kit, Abid, Najwa..
and as Indians say, nothing happens without a reason, a friend of mine was appointed the Malaysian ambassador to IRAN..
He will further the relationship between the two countries..

It is coming up to 4 pm in the Presqui'lle Quiberon jutting into Quiberon bay with its wild coast Le Côte Sauvage looking into the North Atlantic .. one of the many ports from where Bretagne sailors set forth now to catch fish and in the yesteryears in search of fame and fortune.. not far from here is Port Gustain from where Champlain set sail to annex Quebec for France !

WELCOME 2023 THE YEAR OF FREEDOM LOVE FOR MANY OR MOST OF US ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...