samedi 3 décembre 2022

HELP! NEED A PSYCHIATRIST TO CURE ME OF DROMOMANIA

I am absolutely in love with my language, once i realized its intricacies, nuances as well as its analytical nature and the abundance of words. There is word for it, for anything you can think of.

Please cure me of my DROMOMANIA!

HELP..

dromomania

PRONUNCIATION:
(droh-muh-MAY-nee-uh) 


MEANING:
noun
1. A compulsive desire to travel.
2. An excessive enthusiasm for running.


ETYMOLOGY:
From Greek dromos (running) + -mania (excessive enthusiasm or craze). Earliest documented use: 1900.


USAGE:
“Dromomania was his curse. ... Compulsive traveling. Wanderlust.”
Harlan Ellison; Goodbye to All That; McSweeney’s; 2002.


A THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

The question is whether or not you choose to disturb the world around you, or if you choose to let it go on as if you had never arrived. -Ann Patchett, writer (b. 2 Dec 1963)

I have suffered from DROMOMANIA ever since I was an adolescent.

Life is a long episode of Happiness with intervals of work . If you are working all the time, this infatuation would not occur to you ..

You can chase money or happiness, said a friend of mine, who by the way is Happy. Happiness like Obesity is contagious, you tend to be friends with other happy people.

Currently my dromomania has reached its zenith with constant planning and airline routes in my head. Traveling has become less feasible for various reasons so more intricate planning has become necessary .

Plus is the desire to fly in comfort.

There was a time one could manipulate frequent flier miles to get comfortable seats to further and further away destinations. The best use of American Miles was to use them to fly Qatar Airways and now American miles are hard to accrue ..

in 2023 I will need to decide where to accrue miles for LOYALTY, as loyalty is far more important than miles when flying FREQUENTLY.

Check In, Lounge, Upgrades and Seat Selection all before getting on the plane and then the slightly better attention you receive for being an Elite Flyer (nothing from the USA based airlines). 

USA based airlines have excellent customer service support on the ground  even though lately hours long wait on lines to get attention has become common. But generally if you are an ELITE flyer, there is better attention on the ground and on line. 

For a person who is flying in and out of Miami and or Havana, American Airlines is a natural choice but lately the airfares on American Airlines (service has always been subpar) has disproportionately increased. 

Delta is a good choice but they are cutting down on Elite privileges. I need an association with Air France for my relationship with France and Belgium. So I have to decide whether to acquire Frequent Flier Status on Delta or Air France. As I am not flying much domestically and almost all my flights are International, Frequent Flier status on Air France would make sense to me .. Let us see. 

The airline to fly without DOUBT is Qatar Airways. Last month I had a long haul out of DOHA to USA .. just sheer pleasure ..














featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...