samedi 31 décembre 2022

GOOD BYE 2022 A YEAR OF GRATITUDE LET US FORGET GENTLY THOSE WHO CANNOT LOVE US


 SONATA WITH SOME PINE TREES BY PABLO NERUDA 

PABLO NERUDA: Sonata with Some Pine Trees

In the half-sun of long days
let us draw our tired bones together

let us forget the unfaithful ones
the unfeeling friends

the sun wavers among the pine trees
let us forget those who are unaware

there are lands within the land
small uncared-for countries

let us not think of the happy ones
let us forget their false teeth

let the sensitive ones sleep
on their fine feather beds

you have to know particular stones
full of layers and secrets

to rise with the greening light
with the despair of trains

and touch that crust of the world
which always travelled with us

let us forget the one who is hurt
who feeds on a single setback

the trees above leave open
a half-circle criss-crossed

with wires of pine and shadow
with the air shredding its leaves

let us forget with generosity
those who cannot love us

those who look for fire and fall
like us into oblivion

there is nothing better than
early morning at the sea-foam

a dog approaches and smells the sea
suspicious of the water

all the time the waves keep arriving
dressed in white for school

there is a tang of sun and salt
and from the mortuary of the seaweed
rises the smell of birth and decay

what justifies not being?
where did other people take you?

it is good to have a change of clothes
of skin of hair of work

to get to know the earth a little
to give your woman new kisses

to be part of the clear air
to disdain all oligarchies

when I went from fog to fog
navigating by my hat

I never found anyone with directions
they were all preoccupied

they were all off to sell things
nobody asked me who I was

till I got to recognizing myself
till I set off a smile

in the half sky and warp of branches
let us make peace with our tiredness

let us have a talk with roots
and with disenchanted waves

let us forget about hurry
the teeth of the efficient

let us forget the shadowy
miscellany of those who wish us ill

let us make a profession of being earth-bound
let us touch the earth with our beings.



A  few moments to reflect before the arrival of 2023 .

Time to be thankful

tonight is no more a special moment to be thankful but at this liminal hour when 2022 has made its departure, let us be thankful .


some had to say good bye, some lovers slithered away and new friends brought the noise of their closeness to wake me up from the slumber of comfortable amnesia in the land where freedom of choice means whether to choose D

elmonte tomato sauce or Heinz!
Should I thank the owner of Riad 58 Blu in Marrakech? and the concierge who introduced me to my hair dresser?
The country that comforted me the most was/is IRAN, where i admire the courage of the women ..
was happy to be able to go back to Cochin and once again the Innkeeper at Travancore Court was more than helpful.
Malaysia KL so intertwined with my life that I feel I am a part of that town. The Executive Lounge team was more than gracious.
The list goes on and on .. One has to lead a grateful life..
and within a few minutes the knock on the door will get louder
Please let me in, would plead 2023
Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us, thank you Pablo.
but welcome those who can love us..
There are 32 words in the Persian language to describe SMILE and so there must be at least 32 ways to feel ones love or receive love from lovers.
Cuba the entire country is made up of love 
It is amazing to think that there are people one keeps in touch with almost on a daily basis 
they may live near, may live far or in another continent
I have enjoyed that connection ...

France I thank you Morocco I thank you 

Hafez  lots of thanks 

“When shall I get to kiss thee?’ I asked.
‘By all means you can forever ask,’ she answered.
‘Your lips ask a heavy price,’ I said.
‘It’s a fair exchange of one so fair,’ she said.
‘What lips are worthy for your mouth and lips?’ I asked.
‘Only the discerning can this secret know,’ she answered.
‘Don’t worship idols, be with the Truth,’ I said.
‘In the Way of Love, both are allowed,’ she said.
I said, ‘The tavern helps to heal the heart.’
‘Blessed are those who heal the lonely heart,’ she answered.
‘It’s not religion, the priestly robe, the wine,’ I said.
‘But to the gnostic both lead to the Divine,’ she answered.
‘What use to an old man of youthful lips?’ I asked.
‘By such sweet kissing, he grows young!’ she answered.
‘When shall the bridegroom embrace the bride?’
‘When the stars are that way inclined.’
I said, ‘The prayer of Hafiz is for His glory.’
‘This is the prayer of angels too, in heaven,’ she answered.”
― Hafiz Shirazi

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...