mercredi 9 novembre 2022

JEWISH PEOPLE BELIEVE THE HEAVEN IS ON THIS EARTH.. I HAVE FOUND A PIECE OF IT AT DOUBLE TREE HOTEL IN KUALA LUMPUR

 For a western mind, these sonorous names roll off like dew to a pasture 

Shalinda, Rosana, Ashikin, Jieha, Mustaqim, Zarina, Odelia

Najwa, Ameen

but these are the names of some of the workers at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel in Kuala Lumpur just a stone's throw away from the iconic KLCC towers, where you can walk past a Chinese temple as well as a sidewalk South Indian cafe staffed by recent arrivals from Tamoul Nadoo.

During the very strict lockdown this country and its citizens faced, I was worried for the many friends I had made over the years during many visits. I got in touch with them, maintained contact and felt great empathy with their sufferings. The first chance I got I organized a trip combining it with a visit to Tunisie and then Siem Reap in Cambodge. A very friendly grandfatherly type Chinese Malaysian drove me from the airport to the hotel and what was waiting for me at the room assigned to me by the Manager of the Executive Club?



From then on, it was a barrage of emotions and very quickly these three wasted years were forgotten and we were back to the pre pandemic times and strong friendships.

I have been coming to Malaysia ever since I met my best friend in Asia in 2008 and have met some wonderful people here in KL and Malacca. It has also led me to meet Malaysian Ambassadors to  Cuba and become friends with them. I have learned a lot about Malaysia in the last few years but it was as if DTKL was my Head Quarters of my heart  as I refused to stay elsewhere, not even in the house of my best friend in Seri Kembangan!

What a nice homecoming !

and there is the food .. I will write about that ..

featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...