mercredi 9 novembre 2022

DOUBLE TREE BY HILTON IN KUALA LUMPUR. THE PLEASURES OF THE EXECUTIVE CLUB ON FLOOR 34

An elderly gentleman, kind and soft spoken with a son in Sydney who is an accountant took me from the airport to the hotel Double Tree by Hilton in Kuala Lumpur. The hour long journey, bereft of the traffic because of the time of the day, gave us an opportunity to discuss the politics and the upcoming elections in Malaysia 
Odelia greeted me warmly at the reception and a concierge took me to the 34th floor to the Executive Lounge 
What a breath of fresh air it was for me to look at this familiar scenery ..
It is a bit difficult to be a wine enthusiast in Asian countries. There are social prohibitions and also a fake identification with the west with a presumed cultivated taste in wine. I must say that in the former french colonies there is a chance for wine but on a recent trip to Siem Reap, the wine experience was only a moderate one. But you dont come to asia for the wine but certainly for the FOOD 
Multicultural feast as is Malaysia 
As if to honour me and the island that I love. CUBA there was a small homage to CUBA LIBRE.. I made one for myself thinking of our exuberant days in the town of Baracoa when people would drop into my house and I would ply them with Cuba Libre!


I definitely ate and drank far too much on my first night at the Executive Club and went off to my room for a restful sleep , very nearly missing my breakfast the next day 






various offerings in the Executive Lounge depending upon the time of the day. 
My friendship with the staff and my love for Malaysia only increased during this short trip. I needed to come and feel this part of heaven on earth for me . as Native Americans would say, Mitakuye Oyasin we are all related .. of all the things in life Relationships (like the ones I have developed in KL ) are the most important ..




Full moon under cloudy skies over Kuala Lumpur 

This man, who is leaving tonight to Havana Cuba via Cochin, India and Doha Qatar and Miami, Florida 
seem to be very happy .
Do you wonder why ?


featured posts

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD

CUBA IS THE FUTURE FOR LATIN AMERICA AND PERHAPS THE WORLD On my way out of Cuba, from La Habana, on COPA airlines flight to Panama, I w...